First time hog hunt

Livin2hunt

A friend of mine that lives down in Southern Georgia invited a couple of us down to hog hunt this past weekend. First time I've ever hunted hogs. It was absolutely a blast. We hunted at night with thermals and that was also an experience. Hunted with a DDM4 Hunter 6.8. Smooth gun and put them down quick if you hit them. I did miss a few getting used to the zoom on the scope thinking they were closer than what they were I think I'm hooked!

I guess until you really see the destruction these critters make you don't have a clear perspective. I didn't for sure. It was unbelievable the damage to farm roads and fields we saw.
1000003868.jpg

Livin2hunt

Definitely something that I want to try. My son loves watching Carpe Sus on YouTube with me and I think that he wants to go on a hog hunt when he gets older more than anything else
I'm sure it would definitely be something he would thoroughly enjoy! It would also allow more time out creating great memories for you both.

Livin2hunt

Good eating too if you want to give that a try. They're horribly destructive.

When people say it's not right to shoot them from helicopters with semi automatic rifles I respond, "I totally agree, they should be using fully automatic rifles"
Our buddy brings some of it to cook up at deer camp. It is delicious table fare.

Couldn't agree more! I know I don't want them anywhere near where I hunt here in TN. I spend way to much money on wildlife management to have them destroy it all. The wife wants to go down to Texas for the helo hunting. She was a helo mechanic in the navy and she loves just being in one. Shooting at something too would be a bonus!

Atchman2

I have ground it up and added store bought bacon to it. Add a little sausage seasoning and you are a happy happy person. I have placed highly in two chili eating contests using wild boar for the meat. Both times there wasn't a drop of chili left in my pot! Danged chicken chili folks beat me out. What kind of wuss prefers chicken over wild boar? :p

Livin2hunt

I have ground it up and added store bought bacon to it. Add a little sausage seasoning and you are a happy happy person. I have placed highly in two chili eating contests using wild boar for the meat. Both times there wasn't a drop of chili left in my pot! Danged chicken chili folks beat me out. What kind of wuss prefers chicken over wild boar? :p
Good recipe right there for sure! Sounds like something was a fowl with those judges! 😂

Latest posts