Best Peach Cobbler recipe ive found

WTM

i had quite a few peaches from the tree this year so i tried a few recipes and this one we liked best,nand its super easy. the way the sugar topping cooks and gets browns gives it a texture that ive not seen in other recipes. its been a while since i shared a recipe on TNDEER so i think this one is worthy. enjoy.

preheat oven to 350.

6 medium peaches fresh from the tree(about 2.5 to 3 cups) washed, peeled and sliced set aside.

melt 1/4 cup butter(half stick) and pour in an 8x8 pan(i use glass)

whisk 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup self rising flour(all purpose can be used if you like the flavor better but add 2 teaspoon baking powder), 3/4 cup milk, and dash vanilla flavoring. when well whisked pour in pan on top of the butter.

spread peach slices over the batter and then sprinkle another 3/4 cup of sugar evenly over the top of peaches/batter.

bake for 30-40 minutes until top is golden brown.

i top mine with vanilla ice cream while piping hot.

image_zps8gl4asph.jpeg
[/URL]

jakeway

Sounds great. Ever do it in a Dutch Oven outside? I always do cobblers at my son's July 4 and Labor Day BBQs, and I try to do them differently each time.

This one is Peach Raspberry:

This one is Mixed Berry (The pot next to the cobbler is Snapping Turtle with Mushroom Gravy):

280longshot

WTM":1kcoru2v said:
i had quite a few peaches from the tree this year so i tried a few recipes and this one we liked best,nand its super easy. the way the sugar topping cooks and gets browns gives it a texture that ive not seen in other recipes. its been a while since i shared a recipe on TNDEER so i think this one is worthy. enjoy.

preheat oven to 350.

6 peaches fresh from the tree(about 4 cups) washed and sliced set aside.

melt 1/4 cup butter(half stick) and pour in an 8x8 pan(i use glass)

whisk 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup self rising flour(all purpose can be used if you like the flavor better but add 2 teaspoon baking powder), 3/4 cup milk, and dash vanilla flavoring. when well whisked pour in pan on top of the butter.

spread peach slices over the batter and then sprinkle another 3/4 cup of sugar evenly over the top of peaches/batter.

bake for 30-40 minutes until top is golden brown.

i top mine with vanilla ice cream while piping hot.

image_zps8gl4asph.jpeg
[/URL]
We have a peach orchard close by, so thanks for the recipe!
Any particular peach?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DaveB

They look like cling elberta's.

True story: I asked my wife did we have ice cream for Peach Cobbler and she said yes so I only picked up a bunch of peaches.

We only had chocolate ice cream.

I lilked to died.

Latest posts