Beretta A300 Outlander Turkey Choke Recommendations

TNRifleman

Andy S.":2k91dnl8 said:
What shells are you shooting?

Not really married to a shell yet. Honestly, there is a 98% chance i wont turkey hunt this year but am looking at getting set up for next year. With this gun it will def be a three inch shell. When I went in the past, I just shot the Winchester XR 5 shot you can buy at Walmart but am learning there is more to turkey shells these days. I don't mind spending a little bit for the right choke/shell combo so I guess i an looking for shell recommendations as well.

REN

generally speaking you want to match the choke to the types of shells you are using. different shot sizes usually like different choke constructions and different material like TSS vs Lead like different choke types/sizes. Im not a beretta expert but If i remember correctly it uses the optima plus tubes. You could start with a general 670-675 choke size and some long beard #5 or 6's if you just wanna shoot lead loads.

REN

TNRifleman":1vgslirv said:
bull":1vgslirv said:
Double check which choke tube the a300 takes---I believe that it may be their Mobile-chokes

It does take the mobile choke. I ordered a Jeb's tonight to try out.

AH ok, well mobile choke is better IMO. after looking into them seems they have the same bore diameter as benellis (know much more about benelli) so the 650-660 is generally the sweet spot in those barrels.

TNRifleman

REN":39xliit7 said:
TNRifleman":39xliit7 said:
bull":39xliit7 said:
Double check which choke tube the a300 takes---I believe that it may be their Mobile-chokes

It does take the mobile choke. I ordered a Jeb's tonight to try out.

AH ok, well mobile choke is better IMO. after looking into them seems they have the same bore diameter as benellis (know much more about benelli) so the 650-660 is generally the sweet spot in those barrels.

Yeah, I researched as much as I could and ended up buying the 660.

Latest posts