ATI Turkey Fowl 20ga o/u patterning. kinda suprised

REN

bought it from a fellow member here as a cool back up gun and just something to mess with next season. it feels tiny in the hand and is super light and I just love over unders.

anyways I finally went out and patterned it today with a 575 carlons and 562 Indian Creek. Shots are off target some but I wasnt really trying to site the dot in at this point

for such a small gun it throws a heck of a pattern with hand load Tss 9s (had 2 different shells I tried in each choke)

All at 40yds

IMG_8426.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 5.01.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 5.01.55 PM.png

deerfever

Yep that will be hard on the gobblers once you get that dot set. That's a good looking pattern!

Southern Sportsman

Are those patterns from the same barrel, or did you run the Indian Creek in the bottom and Carlson in the top? If the patterns are top barrel/bottom barrel respectively, I would be ecstatic. I set up an 12 gauge O/U a few years back, and I'm shooting a 20 gauge O/U now. My only real complaint about either has been that the top and bottom barrels don't shoot to the same POI when choked down and shooting TSS. The 12 was bad enough that I sold it. The 20 shoots phenomenal patterns through the top with a Carlson .562, and the bottom barrel (my "close range" barrel) shoots close enough that it's not terribly noticeable with a modified choke at 25 yards - but it's still annoying. Yours seems perfect.

REN

Are those patterns from the same barrel, or did you run the Indian Creek in the bottom and Carlson in the top? If the patterns are top barrel/bottom barrel respectively, I would be ecstatic. I set up an 12 gauge O/U a few years back, and I'm shooting a 20 gauge O/U now. My only real complaint about either has been that the top and bottom barrels don't shoot to the same POI when choked down and shooting TSS. The 12 was bad enough that I sold it. The 20 shoots phenomenal patterns through the top with a Carlson .562, and the bottom barrel (my "close range" barrel) shoots close enough that it's not terribly noticeable with a modified choke at 25 yards - but it's still annoying. Yours seems perfect.

ran in both top and bottom barrels. In THOSE pics the IC is the bottom and the carlsons is the top, however later I switched and shot them with similar results

Latest posts