Ar15 issues

Daniel n

I have a friend who bought a AR15 from Pro2a tactical in .350 legend. I don't know anything about that company. I have the basic knowledge about the AR platform. He is having some issues and I told him I would try to help. It will sometimes eject the shell but it's like it doesn't seat the next one and it won't fire and you have to manually cycle it. That seems like it could be a gas block issue but not sure. The other issue is accuracy? He has confirmed the scope is fine on another gun and he is shooting hornady ammo. I suggested picking up some different ammo to give a try just to start somewhere. Any suggestions?

Omega

Does the next shell get hung up or does it not go back far enough to catch it? It it doesn't catch it, it may be a strong buffer spring, or a heavy buffer. As you said as well, it may also be a gas issue, so have him check the rings to make sure they are alternating, then check the gas tube to to clear any possible obstructions.

backyardtndeer

Don't know anything about that company either. Sounds like a gas issue to me, I would probably contact that manufacturer and see what they have to say. May be something as simple as a misaligned gas block, or like mentioned above the tube needs cleaned.

Mausermeister

Without seeing the problem first hand, it sounds like it's undergassed or buffer is too heavy. Is he shooting it suppressed or unsuppressed? A suppressor increases back pressure. If it is tuned to shoot suppressed, it could be that it just doesn't have enough back pressure unsuppressed to properly cycle.

DaveTN

I'll second contacting the manufacturer. They have a statement on their website that says unauthorized third party repairs or adjustments detected will void the warranty.

If I'm buying from a gun from a quality manufacturer I don't buy into the break-in BS. If it doesn't work right out of the box, I contact them for a shipping label to send it back in for repairs. It's disappointing; but it happens from the best manufacturers.

Hornady is quality ammo. If it won't shoot it properly something is wrong.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I've always equated an AR with the Barbie Doll because of all those accessories available for it. You can dress her up for the prom!

It's almost not even sport to rile up the AR/ tactical dudes by teasing them about it but I still enjoy it!
I think that you assume that just because someone has an AR that they are into tactical stuff and accessories. You will find very few accessories on my ARs, none more than my bolt action or lever action rifles. Same with most of my friends who have ARs. They just don't have that soldier of fortune vibe that you're trying to cast on them.

Speaking of lever actions, I know several guys who are into "cowboy tactical" accessories with lever actions and wheel guns. Chaps, ammo belts, holsters and other leather stuff. It doesn't bother me any, but each group has their own "things." More similarities than most people care to admit

Rakkin6

Does the next shell get hung up or does it not go back far enough to catch it? It it doesn't catch it, it may be a strong buffer spring, or a heavy buffer. As you said as well, it may also be a gas issue, so have him check the rings to make sure they are alternating, then check the gas tube to to clear any possible obstructions.
Exactly my thoughts has soon has I read about failure to feed/eject was the buffer spring in the stock.

Latest posts