Anybody here paint lures?

Crow Terminator

This is a new hobby I have recently gotten into. I am no good at it but enjoy doing it: painting crankbaits.

I've been buying lure blanks and making my stencils, etc to do various patterns. Picked up a decent air brush and been watching a lot of YouTube paint videos. I was just curious if anybody here did that sort of thing. I don't even really bass fish but for some reason, enjoy doing the painting.

WTM

one of these days, along with more fly tying. ive got to get another garage built though. got too much stuff cram packed right now.

doesnt look too hard. there is a good video on it by some bait guru, forget his name.

larry ipock

Used to do it quite often. Now, don't paint much because of the cleanup. Gettin' lazy im old age. LOL Wished I'd gotten in to tying jigs and reloading a long time ago

Crow Terminator

The imagination is the only limit for painting. Coming up with colors and patterns, etc.

The lures always look better after being clear coated too...most of my pics are before clearing.

Here are a couple of craw patterns I did for my niece and nephew just messing around: 20200217_081311 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

This one is a Rapala DT blank that I did for my mom. Her favorite soft plastic color is one called "sweet tater pie" and this was my attempt at making a crankbait for her in that color scheme. It looked awesome after I cleared it. 20200213_104858 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

Here is one of one of my favorite, but now discontinued colors. 20200204_215424 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

Tried a craw pattern on a lipless crank. Did not work out so well but that's part of the fun. 20200207_134556 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

Latest posts