Any "River Smallie" fanatics here ?

killingtime 41

That should be about the end of April river is far to cold till at the very least then. The lake is in the 40's for water temp. River of any kind is way colder than that.

J.A.F.O.

I'm in MD, my brother moved to TN from NM,, he is near lake Boone.
I do a ton of multi day smallmouth kayak fishing in WV and VA,,,

Any other Smallie fishing fans on here?
I plan to be down fishing as soon as the weather gets above "freeze my doodads off"
If you like to river kayak fish for bronzies then try out the Nolichucky River from Big Rock down to Davy Crockett lake and then the Holston River from Church Hill down to Bybee. Most,if not all the lakes have good populations of bronzers but Boone has been stocked with a new F1 hybrid bass by TWRA and they are starting to get to a good catchable size now.

Creek

That should be about the end of April river is far to cold till at the very least then. The lake is in the 40's for water temp. River of any kind is way colder than that.
Love river smallies. March till Halloween is perfect

X2 - What these gentlemen said.
When the crawdads emerge so do the smallies.

bigquacks

Boone Lake has some nice smallmouth but South Holston just a few miles up river has some giants. Local tournament this past weekend took over 21 lbs to win and they were all smallies. We caught around 50 last week in a couple hours.
20230513_133923.jpg

Slackdaddy

If you like to river kayak fish for bronzies then try out the Nolichucky River from Big Rock down to Davy Crockett lake and then the Holston River from Church Hill down to Bybee. Most,if not all the lakes have good populations of bronzers but Boone has been stocked with a new F1 hybrid bass by TWRA and they are starting to get to a good catchable size now.
Thanks for the info,, Any national forest or state land on those stretches?? We typ do about 5-8 miles a day (sun up to sundown,, pull off and set up hammocks and camp for the night on public land.

Setterman

I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringes when they read some of these posts, and I don't even live in East TN anymore. Some of this stuff would be better off in a DM and not posted for public viewing.
I am literally cringing right now hahaha. To answer the question I've spent almost 30 years chasing rivers smallmouth in east tn. I enjoy the solitude and incredible fishing that's in this area. River bass cannot handle a ton of pressure and therefore I don't have much to offer in the way of advice other than do what we did and get to researching and learning this area. You're surrounded by epic fishing go explore

Kevin Snook

I'm in MD, my brother moved to TN from NM,, he is near lake Boone.
I do a ton of multi day smallmouth kayak fishing in WV and VA,,,

Any other Smallie fishing fans on here?
I plan to be down fishing as soon as the weather gets above "freeze my doodads off"
The Holston river in Kingsport is good both north and south fork and where they meet

Lot more pressure than there used to be tho

Google 3B outdoors- Nathan has a lot of videos fishing it

Biggun4214

Good luck floating from Church Hill to Bybee on the Holston.

Latest posts