Any "River Smallie" fanatics here ?

J.A.F.O.

IMG_0125.jpeg

Speaking of Bybee….got these from close to there but it wasn't the dirty bird.

Wooden Arrow

If you like to river kayak fish for bronzies
guys working as guides using jet boats on Holston below FT Patrick Henry dam. trout aplenty above the John B. Dennis bridge (AND down into Eastman) but some BIG smallies and occasional walleye are taken between the bridge & I-26 bridge. all kind of youtube videos...

J.A.F.O.

guys working as guides using jet boats on Holston below FT Patrick Henry dam. trout aplenty above the John B. Dennis bridge (AND down into Eastman) but some BIG smallies and occasional walleye are taken between the bridge & I-26 bridge. all kind of youtube videos...
Whoa! Had no idea. I'll stay up the watershed a little bit then.

Y'all just make sure you get out before BAE. You may not receive a warm welcome. 😳

Wooden Arrow

Whoa! Had no idea. I'll stay up the watershed a little bit then.

Y'all just make sure you get out before BAE. You may not receive a warm welcome. 😳
they used to do the "wink and nod" there. guards would see us (teens) fishing on the mountain side of the river. they'd stop & watch us and yell over "are you catching any?" 😍 i worked there for several years. the guards they have now call Kingsport PD/SWAT because most of them are too old to chase folks around on the mountain.

Wooden Arrow

. You may not receive a warm welcome.
the Holston there may well be the only river navigable by boat that you cannot legally drift through & fish. i'm not sure how they legally justify that. they used to allow (YEARS ago) fishermen to pass through "IF" they called ahead of time & gave registration number of boat & identities of the fishermen.

Soft Talker

I catch quite a few nice ones out of the upper Hiwassee June and July. Most on trout magnets, while fishing for trout. Many of those are under a pound. Now Rockfishing mid and late summer with those trout and horny heads for bait, I have caught some really good ones, up to 6lbs.They will eat the piss out of a 6in+ live bait. ;)