Another crab boil recipe

feisty red head

1/4 cup Zatarain's Sherimp & crab boil ( I use 1 bag)
Sea Salt
1 medium sweet onion
3 celery stalks
2 tbls garlic powder or several garlic cloves
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
1/4 lemon juice
5 bay leaves
fill large stock pot with water leave 5 inches or so from to to allow adding ingredients. Bring water to rolling boil

add in all seasonings
add the crab legs. Bring back to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes turn off heat. Let sit to soak up the seasoning for about 10 minutes

Ben really likes this and is going to have it tomorrow for his Birthday. he says it does not get soggy sitting in the water

bowriter

R.I.P.
There is a product called LA Shrimp and Crab Boil. It is in meal form and comes in a plastic envelope. Can't be beat. Put half in the post and use the other half to top dress the boiled product. Then seal them in a cooler for 20 minutes.

BTW- If they have been in the freezer very long, inspect them closely.

Dodge Man

flintlock said:
I have gotten into the habit of buying all my Seafood from the captains of the Deadliest Catch! It comes straight from Alaska and is the BEST i have ever had. After you order it arrives in about 2 days and is always in very good shape.. The Reindeer Sausage isn't bad either!!!
http://www.fishex.com/fish-market/all-products.html

Whole-Cooked Alaska Red King Crab
Excellent for entertaining, special occasions, and banquets. Our whole-cooked king crab will create a regal presentation.
▪ Weighs between 5 and 6 lbs.
▪ Cooked, cleaned, & ready to steam.
▪ Frozen, glazed, and packaged.
$119.95 ea. :eek:

No wonder they make so much money!

Latest posts