Age? ( teeth added) to comments

megalomaniac

Looks really rutted down from the pic on the ground. Impossible for me to age one hanging upside down though. Id guess he is a run down 3.5y/o, but thats just a wild ass guess.

WilcoKen

We've killed 2 good bucks this week and they were both run down a good bit. Both bucks spines were showing through. Would have loved to have seen them around Nov 1. Congrats on a very nice buck!

bowtechgump

First off, congratulations on a truly beautiful buck with tons of jaw dropping, conversation starting head gear! I have to admit that there is only one way to truly "guess" this specimens age under the given information. We will need stand location, weather conditions, date and time of harvest. If you are willing to give any additional information such as: camouflage, cover/attraction scents, and choice of other gear.....it would be appreciated and would be used solely for getting a better idea of this deers age. (Hopefully everyone realizes that this is just a congratulatory post?!) But I say 4.5

Flintlocksforme

Backside of nowhere, 2 hour drag uphill, 7 mag at 80 yards, chasing a doe. I hadn't been in there since last year. Couldn't find my regular tree. Got in a random one as it was getting day light. Bonus CWD buck. I would not have been able to get a shot at from tree I was looking for. Very blessed. Just started using a saddle and climbing steps with aiders this year and absolutely love it. I have taken 8 and only one was in a tie up stand. I have sold three climbing stands on eBay to buy saddle gear this fall. I am so much more alert in saddle and it's a lot quieter going through the woods and climbing tree. Probably going to take down most of my lock on Summit stands and retire them. Seriously I have more confidence in places this thick in December. This place has a 5-6 year old clear cut, oaks, and fresh running water. Hard to access but worth it.
IMG_6219.jpeg

Last edited:

killingtime 41

Great buck and a great accomplishment. This year I went with hawk heliums and a m7 millennium hang on. I went that way thinking it would be lighter and more portable than my summit viper. Well the m7 is very light and portable and comfortable. But once you add the sticks and back pack Now the weight is more than my 19 pound summit viper. And a bigger hassle to use. Not sure what the answer is but I need light but comfortable run and gun. Without it taking 25 minutes to get in a tree. My summit I can be up and drinking coffee in 10 minutes. 30 inch sticks sounded great so that's what I bought. But now can certainly see the 20's would be much easier to transport in the woods.

Smo

Backside of nowhere, 2 hour drag uphill, 7 mag at 80 yards, chasing a doe. I hadn't been in there since last year. Couldn't find my regular tree. Got in a random one as it was getting day light. Bonus CWD buck. I would not have been able to get a shot at from tree I was looking for. Very blessed. Just started using a saddle and climbing steps with aiders this year and absolutely love it. I have taken 8 and only one was in a tie up stand. I have sold three climbing stands on eBay to buy saddle gear this fall. I am so much more alert in saddle and it's a lot quieter going through the woods and climbing tree. Probably going to take down most of my lock on Summit stands and retire them. Seriously I have more confidence in places this thick in December. This place has a 5-6 year old clear cut, oaks, and fresh running water. Hard to access but worth it.
View attachment 207351
Congrats on a fine deer!

He will eat good....😁👍

Latest posts