Age? ( teeth added) to comments

Flintlocksforme

Public land , no trail cam pictures. Long legs, no brisket, belly, ham. Even his nose , head and tail were short. No body fat.
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpegIMG_6231.jpeg

TN Larry

Got any pics of the lower jaw bone? It's really hard to tell on a dead deer. However, the pictures of him laying on the ground indicate a big neck and deep chest. Also, the mass and junk at the bases suggest an older deer. I thinks he's run down and at least 3.5 and most likely 4.5.

Either way, congrats on a really nice buck.

Flintlocksforme

Got any pics of the lower jaw bone? It's really hard to tell on a dead deer. However, the pictures of him laying on the ground indicate a big neck and deep chest. Also, the mass and junk at the bases suggest an older deer. I thinks he's run down and at least 3.5 and most likely 4.5.

Either way, congrats on a really nice buck.
I am saving head for Euro mount. I will examine it then

Flintlocksforme

Deer like this make me think it's all just a guess. Lets see the teeth.
I will post teeth later when I do euro mount. I teach school and like age kids develop at all different rates. In middle school some look like the parents of their classmates. Over 6 feet tall and shaving. Why do we think deer bodies all grow at the same rate?

Ski

I'd also add that deer in big woods hill country travel significantly farther and more often and in much rougher terrain than bucks in flat ag country. I rarely see bucks on my place that get fat & slobby looking. Big country steep terrain keeps them in shape. Get down in the river bottom ag and those suckers start looking like Al Bundy.

Here's what old mountain bucks look like.

skating old man GIF

And here's what old ag country bucks look like.

Homer Simpson GIF