AEDC shotgun/MZ 11/12-11/14

philsanchez76

Assuming with a quota of 900 at least the first 2 days of this hunt will be jam packed with pumpkins. Question is: is this hunt worth it knowing I've never been here before or should I stay focused on the WMAs closer to me where I have some history and some decent bucks showing up on camera? Just not sure I want to give up a weekend of prime muzzleloader hunting to hunt a spot ive not been before. Based on normal pressure and your experiences at AEDC, etc, what would y'all do?

losthunter

Assuming with a quota of 900 at least the first 2 days of this hunt will be jam packed with pumpkins. Question is: is this hunt worth it knowing I've never been here before or should I stay focused on the WMAs closer to me where I have some history and some decent bucks showing up on camera? Just not sure I want to give up a weekend of prime muzzleloader hunting to hunt a spot ive not been before. Based on normal pressure and your experiences at AEDC, etc, what would y'all do?
Its a mad house. I tried it once, will never do it again. Too many people for me.

philsanchez76

Shouldn't this question have been asked before you put in to get drawn?
Fair. Put in with a group to do a deer camp. Then the group slowly fell apart due to life events (divorces and crap like that). So that's why I'm wondering if it'll be worth spending time away from my family now if I'm just gonna be by myself which I could do much closer to home.

timberjack86

Feedback much appreciated. I may end up just going Sunday. I've done some crazy quota hunts and Sunday are always dead.
Always see more deer the first day when the army invades the woods. Caution, it can be downright dangerous!!. People will be every where One year my group saw more deer on day one than we did that season

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
It's avoid size WMA. I have hunted since 1988 and managed to kill or see a a decent buck on most hunts. Find a thicket adjacent to a hardwoods, set up in the downwind side and wait. Check an aerial map and you will find several sections that are close to HWY 55 running from Tullahoma towards Manchester. When area1 is open it is a good area and gets over looked.

Latest posts