advice needed

southpaw89

I have never predator hunted, but have coyotes I need to get rid of. I got my first coyote, as well as a bobcat, on trail cam for the first time the other day. What would be my best strategy to hunt them? The trail cam that has been getting them is about 50 yards from one of my tree stands over a food plot if that helps at all. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

DaveB

You can try calling them in but if you want to decimate the population you will have to trap.

If you want to do it yourself you'll need to get busy on the education side.

If you can afford to hire a trapper that would be the way to go.

TnHoss

I use Bridger #2 and # 3 rubber jawed leg traps and ( IMO only ) they are much better than the Dukes. Which ever brand you do decide on just make sure to prep them properly before using.

southpaw89

Thanks for the replies. Dave, roughly how much would a good trapper run me? My brother and I are going to give it the old college try, but will need a trapper to come in before the spring fawns are born if we are unsuccessful. Hoss, I'll have to look into those for sure. Ive been watching as many youtube videos in my spare time, so hopefully I will have at least learned the basics.

Latest posts