Acorns??

Boone 58

Beardendy88 said:
Is anyone seeing deer hitting the acorns yet?? I ain't seem the first one

Shot this one over a pile of them.............

ResizedImage_1349658626245.jpg

ResizedImage_1349658581320.jpg

Big Gun

There were a few falling in Hardeman Co. yesterday. I think mostly due to squirrels though. I had a doe and fawn come in eating them but I don't think the acorns are falling good yet. At least where I hunt.

Treestand Troubadour

There are acorns over every square inch of the woods up this way, shot a doe last week walkin down the trail eatin em, thats been my problem this year, there have been so many on the ground the deer haven't had to move far out of the thicket

shopson

I missed while one was eating acorns last week. Where we are hunting they feed here for a while, than there, than somewhere else. Not a bumper crop but enough to feed on.

BSK

Poor acorn crop on my place. On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being no acorns at all, and 10 being acorns covering every square inch of ground, I would give this year's crop a 2.

bigtex

Best acorn and hickory crop that I have seen since I moved to the country 13 years ago. The majority of my Oaks are Chestnut Oak which the deer will eat but don't prefer, but even the Whites and Reds are loaded this year.
Since there is no Agriculture within miles of my place I am hoping that we will have a bumper year for Fawns this Spring.
BTW, I am in Southeast Tn. McMinn Co.

Andy S.

I observed deer, mainly does/fawns and yearling bucks eat white oak acorns the last three mornings in Hardeman county. There is a ton of acorns just about everywhere I have walked/scouted. In fact, a buddy and I were just talking Sunday and we agreed hunting acorns right now is about like hunting browse for the majority of places he and I have scouted/hunted (Fayette/Hardeman counties). In other words, there is food everywhere, which makes patterning the deer increasingly difficult, especially with a bow where 30 yards is our limit.

benellivol

I got thrown for a loop to start the year. I hunted acorns hard for the first few days and then realized they are still hammering persimmons and browse.

I saw 11 deer yesterday afternoon come and go from two persimmon trees.

I've seen two deer back on the flats eating acorns all season.

Latest posts