Acorns

Urban_Hunter

I know others have shared similar observations, but this is the heaviest acorn crop I've ever seen at my place. It's like walking on marbles under some of these big whites.
IMG_7217.jpeg

MidTennFisher

Same here in upstate of South Carolina. I've never seen an acorn crop like this. You can't find any hot acorn trees because they don't need to focus on just one. They also don't have to move much to find acorns, so that is making the hunting tough. We have a way lower deer density than TN, especially on our public lands, so I've truly experienced an October lull. Still, I know bucks are moving around and I'm still going to hunt.

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
About 70% of ours are worm infested and no good. These trees sits in my back yard. I haven't been in the wood to check them as of yet.

huntncoach

Wow! My lease south of the Cumberland Plateau has almost zero acorns! I've hunted 3 different locations in which I am surrounded by white oaks and have seen about a half-dozen acorns on the ground. Sure is making it hard to hunt. Only have three VERY small food plots and one of those is already almost completely bare. I know, I should have spent time over them, but the wind has been terrible for them

JCDEERMAN

Same here in upstate of South Carolina. I've never seen an acorn crop like this. You can't find any hot acorn trees because they don't need to focus on just one. They also don't have to move much to find acorns, so that is making the hunting tough.
Totally agree. So much so, that I was fully prepared to slaughter does this past weekend and maybe probe areas a good buck may be hiding….but after doing a little recon, I figured I'd be doing more harm than good. Decided to check cameras, do some tractor work and clean the cabin up for a bunch of guys over the next couple months of hunting.

Latest posts