Acorns or persimmons

Brandon87

If you had a chance which one would you want right now hunt a persimmon tree or hunt acorns. Acorns are starting to fall everywhere here persimmons are few and far between but they are starting to drop as well Perdy good.

Brandon87

I was thinking acorns as well. Thanks for the inputs.I'll have to hang a new stand on there trail in between the acorn trees

Jaahspike

I was thinking acorns as well. Thanks for the inputs.I'll have to hang a new stand on there trail in between the acorn trees
I have an abundance of both where I live. I have 5 persimmons in the field behind my house and they are dropping like crazy. A nice 8 point came out in the field close to dark and he never got close to any of those trees. He was wearing out something in my field. I thought that was interesting

Brandon87

Deer are hitting 1 persimmon tree like crazy and the others not so much more on the acorn where I'm at. Set out a new set up today will see how it goes in the morning.

catman529

Acorns are king...persimmons from what I've seen are more at convenience to the deer. If there's a tree dropping ripe fruit between bedding and a destination food source (acorns or an open field) the deer will stop to eat the persimmons. Trees are loaded down heavy in middle TN this year and some have been dropping for 2 or 3 weeks already, others haven't started dropping yet.

Cheshire

If you had a chance which one would you want right now hunt a persimmon tree or hunt acorns. Acorns are starting to fall everywhere here persimmons are few and far between but they are starting to drop as well Perdy good.
Acorns, we have a lot of persimmons on our land, never really saw deer eating them. Seen a lot of ripe ones on the ground before and no deer tracks. Surprising to me.

catman529

Acorns, we have a lot of persimmons on our land, never really saw deer eating them. Seen a lot of ripe ones on the ground before and no deer tracks. Surprising to me.
Gotta be the right tree in the right place. I found some Simmons with fresh deer tracks this afternoon but the wind was bad.