A silent bird falls

Urban_Hunter

Never heard a gobble this morning. Heard some hens in the vicinity fly down and had a couple come through to inspect. Y'all know I have no shame in a decoy so I had the Jake and hen out. Had made three calls in about 40 minutes and caught movement to my left. Two Toms jogging in on my Jake. They were fired up! Fighting each other on the way in. 9-7/8" beard, 1" Spurs. Smith county.

He got a little wet, he flopped into the creek.
Ol 835 did the deed! Absolutely beautiful morning out with my daughter. She's anxiously waiting til she's comfortable with the recoil.

Attachments

• 564333D3-64C3-4AF6-980E-71C6279603F4.jpeg
    564333D3-64C3-4AF6-980E-71C6279603F4.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 93

philsanchez76

Nice job! I was out yesterday too and it was a complete 180 from opening weekend. All birds were silent. Congrats to hanging in there on a tough windy day.

jason2779

Never heard a gobble this morning. Heard some hens in the vicinity fly down and had a couple come through to inspect. Y'all know I have no shame in a decoy so I had the Jake and hen out. Had made three calls in about 40 minutes and caught movement to my left. Two Toms jogging in on my Jake. They were fired up! Fighting each other on the way in. 9-7/8" beard, 1" Spurs. Smith county.

He got a little wet, he flopped into the creek.
Ol 835 did the deed! Absolutely beautiful morning out with my daughter. She's anxiously waiting til she's comfortable with the recoil.
Get her the savage 410 or 20 with tss it works wonders! Nice Bird

Urban_Hunter

Thanks everyone!

We have a 410 but I need to look into the Steven's with maybe a recoil pad. She's pretty dainty and 8 years old... she JUST recently stepped up to the AR platform, that 410 still packs a wallop and she just isn't comfortable. After this weekend I think she's a little more determined though lol

Latest posts