A question about reloading

Hunter 257W

Yeah, I have a mid size tarp I was going to spread out next time I take a brass broadcaster(autoloader) out. :) I basically never have this problem because I mostly shoot bolt action rifles or single action pistols if we are talking about brass cartridge guns that I reload for. When I shoot my lever action 32-20, I slow shuck it so I can catch the empty. For shotgun shells, they are big enough to find when I shoot a pump and when I use my side by side with extractors only, I obviously have to take the empties out by hand anyway. I have 2 1911's that I don't like for this reason only. I just don't like chasing brass. My semi-auto rifles are either 22 rimfires or AK's which have cheap ammo available eliminating the need to reload for them - I just let the empties lay where they fall.

BirdDog123

Estimated cost to get started (equipment + powder + primer + brass) is probably around $300 if you are patient.. and thats on the low end

my advice would be to first get a reloading manual (as said by many others). then look more on forums and such.. there are even a few good videos on youtube

next I would say don't rush it and be patient. you can find good deals out there for reloading equipment but it takes time. Good presses like Rock Chuckers don't lose too mcuh value when buying used because they are built like a tank

If you really want to get reloading equipment on the cheap, start looking at pricing, then by set ups from guys who jsut want to get out of it.. keep what you need and sell the rest and turn a slight profit (remember bulls make money but pigs get slaughtered)Check classifieds, craigslist, and ebay often

lastly as far as saving money.. yes overtime you might save some.. at least over the life of your firearm.. but if that is the only reason your in it then I would not do it if I was you.

Reloading is more about obtaining optimum accuracy that just can't be achieved in the factory. it takes time, patience, and dedication to learning the safe way to load

like others say its addictive.. I find myself gathering brass, buying brass, and anything else I can get my hands on all the time. not to mention, its a great feeling that knowing before a hunt you don't have to go to Wal-Mart or your LGS.. you can just whip up 10-20 rounds and be done with it

Latest posts