#3 for 2016 35lb male

matt_brown

Called this one in tonight. Shot him in the face with some dead coyote. 35 lb male.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453076025671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453076025671.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,538

matt_brown

Re: #3 for 2016 35lb male

Smoke":v1yihdy1 said:
Awesome job. You're making me wanna break out my scatter gun
I started hunting with a shotgun last year. I was always the guy that set up on a field edge and tried to call them out. I never even tried hunting in the woods until last year. Once I started hunting in the woods I was hooked. I really like cedar thickets. My success has sky rocketed since I moved to the woods. it doesn't seem to matter what time of day you try to call they will come. I will still hunt open fields the first hour of daylight but then I move to the thickets.

matt_brown

The only thing that sucks about it is hevi shot dead coyote is $6 a shot. Compared to buckshot which is alot cheaper. I wish twra would allow us to use buckshot.

Smoke

I learned to move into the woods too. Thats what got me yesterday when i called in my double. Sitting in a spot i cant see over 60 yards with my 22-250. Definitely would have got the one at 15 yards and would have got my single on the third stand at 40 yards. I never had much confidence in my shotgun til i shot some with Hevi-13 while turkey hunting. Dropped one in his tracks at 55 yards with a shoulder shot. Didnt go for head cause he was holding my hen decoy in his mouth. Do you use the 3 or 3 1/2 dead coyote? Some of my spots are pretty thick so ive been thinking about changing over to shotgun. Obviously youve proved that it works

matt_brown

3.5in .... this is gonna sound like a tall tale but on our second stand this evening we had 2 dogs run a red fox across the field right at dark as I was packing up to leave and my buddy folded it at 80yds with my shotgun. It got up and he hammered it again. It fell again but got up and we lost it.

Smoke

Its just unreal to think you could get a hit that far much less enough to knock it down. Hate that you all lost that one.