2023 Kill Thread

MUP

New lease...scouted for the first time on November 4th, hung the stand, and put out a camera on a mock scrape on the 5th. The first deer that showed up at the scrape on the 7th was a 13pt. On the first day in the stand on the 12th, I sat all day and took this 11pt with my bow at 14 yards hot on a doe. It was 4:30 pm, so I didn't take many pictures. I skipped a day for work, which I learned a few days later I would have had the opportunity at a mega 10pt with split brows...that hurt. The second day in the stand on the 14th, that 13pt that was the first deer I caught on camera, came through hot on a doe. He was trotting through at 30 yards, and I liver-shot him....didn't lead him enough. Fortunately, he stopped at 50 yards and gave me enough time to get off another bow shot and I nailed him. My longest-ever bow shot. And my shortest season ever, but it sure was a lot of fun! I can't wait to get back in there in 2024.

View attachment 205861

View attachment 205863View attachment 205865
I think I would have had that buck turned the other way on that hitch hauler, his rack could hit oncoming traffic! Heckuva buck, congrats!

TRIGGER

358036E4-68F9-4485-9CC0-117E922504E3.jpeg

Ski

New lease...scouted for the first time on November 4th, hung the stand, and put out a camera on a mock scrape on the 5th. The first deer that showed up at the scrape on the 7th was a 13pt. On the first day in the stand on the 12th, I sat all day and took this 11pt with my bow at 14 yards hot on a doe. It was 4:30 pm, so I didn't take many pictures. I skipped a day for work, which I learned a few days later I would have had the opportunity at a mega 10pt with split brows...that hurt. The second day in the stand on the 14th, that 13pt that was the first deer I caught on camera, came through hot on a doe. He was trotting through at 30 yards, and I liver-shot him....didn't lead him enough. Fortunately, he stopped at 50 yards and gave me enough time to get off another bow shot and I nailed him. My longest-ever bow shot. And my shortest season ever, but it sure was a lot of fun! I can't wait to get back in there in 2024.

Fantastic buck!!! Heck of a lease it sounds. Congrats

Snake

View attachment 205861

Two studs , congratulations brother.

Remi

Buddy that's a bad break for sure!

It happens, I'm glad it was a clean miss. I looked for over an hour that evening and a few more hours today looking for any sign.

He was a pretty nice buck but I never saw that little pine when I shot. We found another hit on a tree after the pine and it looks like the bullet turned almost 90 degrees.

philsanchez76

View attachment 205861

Holy smokes man! great deers there!

Latest posts