2008 $5 Gamblers and Lottery players ..

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
If you feel like throwing some money at a lottery drawing for some great hunting opportunity don't neglect the Montana Game Fish & Parks web site this year. The 2008 SuperTag lottery is alive and well; I would love to draw any of those tags!!! Somebody has to win, if it isn't me I hope it's you.

2007 Deer, Elk, Bison, Antelope & Lion Supertag Winners

Hunters from Montana, Washington, and Colorado recently won Montana�s deer, elk, antelope, bison, and mountain lion SuperTag lotteries.

The SuperTag winners are:

� Deer: David Randall; Puyallup, Wash.

� Elk: Michael Hagen; Ulm

� Antelope: Mark Hines; Centennial, Colo.

� Bison: Steve Dalbey; Helena.

� Mountain Lion: Kenneth Nelson; Missoula

Resident and nonresident hunters could buy an unlimited number of $5 chances to win a Montana SuperTag hunting license.

SuperTag winners can hunt in any hunting district in Montana where seasons are established for the big game species identifed on the SuperTag license.

While a total of 25,507 chances were sold for the five SuperTags, more than 16,300 elk chances were purchased.

Residents purchased a total of 14,974 chances for the five different SuperTags compared to 10,533 purchased by nonresidents.

In addition to deer, elk, antelope, bison, and mountain lion SuperTags, hunters purchased more than 21,200 chances to hunt a bighorn sheep, 11,900 chances for a moose and 6,600 chances for a mountain goat SuperTag. Those licenses were awarded in July to two Montana hunters and a hunter from Utah.

Revenue for all eight drawings combined will provide about $316,000 to enhance public hunting access and boost FWP enforcement efforts. Hunters who purchased a SuperTag chance can visit fwp.mt.gov , and click on Special Drawing Status to see how they fared in the computerized random drawing.

Latest posts