20 gauge shooters

stringtalker

What chokes are you all shooting in your 20 gauges with around a 20-22 inch barrel using federal tss #9's. Actually haven't shot tss in my gun yet have always used longbeards in #6's. My gun is finicky so it probably want like the tss lol

deerfever

Carlson .575 non ported extended tube. I have not found a gun yet that will not shoot that tube well. It's like roost said how tight do you want it? That one for me produces a great hunting pattern. I do not want my pattern way tight.

stringtalker

Roost 1":2nk9dwmp said:
.555-.575 just depend on how tight you like your pattern.
What gun are you shooting? Do you hunt mostly woods or fields?
CVA Scout single shot and I hunt mostly woods, occasionally some fields

Attachments

• IMG_20190219_154248177_LL~2.jpg
    IMG_20190219_154248177_LL~2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,333

tree_ghost

I'm building a youth .870 20ga now for my oldest boy....I'm wanting to go with TSS for him this spring. I saw the truglo SSX sight and choke tube combo and thought that was a pretty good value. Quick online search give positive reviews on it. Does anyone have experience with this choke, or another brand that patterns well, in an .870 youth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnanh

The Carlson .575 may not give the tightest pattern available but it will be a great hunting pattern and will shoot the most consistent pattern from shot to shot. I have two in 870s, a tru choke threaded one and a Mossberg one. The Tru Glo SSX I had shot very inconsistent patterns and points of impact varied from shot to shot. That was in an 870 shooting Federal Heavyweight 7s and Hevi 13 7s. I gave it to a friend of mine and he likes it with tss 9s but even with a scope says it is too tight and thinking about shooting the Carlson .575.

Southern Sportsman

If you're into tight patterns with a dense core, Indian Creek .555 seems to do really well in most guns. If you're looking for a more uniform/forgiving pattern - what everybody else said. If I was setting one up for a kid, I would definitely start with a factory full or improved modified and see what it did at 30-35 yards before I bought an aftermarket choke.

Latest posts