2 Problems with my Turkey gun

eastTN270

Finally got out and patterned my mossberg 535. Two things arose while patterning it. 1. My pattern is shooting high. I have a fixed front sight, and the rear sight is adjusted as low as it will go. What else can I do besides aim low. 2. When I shoot, the chamber of the gun comes open. It opens almost enough to eject the shell, but not quite. It did that every time, and yes it was closed all the way. It is a pump gun. Is this something I should worry about and what can i do to fix it. Thanks.

buckdead

I had the same gun for 2yrs, but got rid of it last year. Mine shot way high and way to the left. The factory sights are junk so you might as well just throw them away. The only way to fix it is to get some quality rifle sights plastic sight are crap (williams fire sights or tru-glo pro series gobble stopper), or get ya a scope. I went with the scope. I got one of these and it worked great http://www.myscopestore.com/bushnell-bu ... -camo.html (you can get a better deal if you shop around)
Your second problem isnt a problem. just hold on to it tighter :D

sellsman11

$50 for Tru-Glo sights and hold on tighter. Problem solved.

I have yet to learn to hold on tighter so my Mossberg kicks the chamber partially open too. :grin:

Bullfrog

an old trick that will work...but not forever, is to take a piece of paper and screw it in with the choke. Put the paper on top of the choke if gun is shooting high, and vise versa. You may try folding as much paper as possible to wedge between the choke and barrell.

RussellvilleRob

A bud of mine shot my 835 a few times and it opened every time on him... I have never had it open when I shoot...

The sights on these things stink...I just got lucky and did not even have to adjust mine... it was perfect right out of the box....
Where do you shoot at around here? I usually have to go to Mooresburg.... I do not get to shoot as much as I would like..

bvoss

I decided a few years ago after getting my taxes done that I would use my rebate to upgrade from my ten year old 835. I bought a sharp looking 535 that was complete in mossy oak camo and a thumbhole grip. I shot many different shell combinations, many different choke set ups and never liked the pattern. I took it and hunted with it (simply because I had spent the money on the thing) Killed two longbeards with it, both shots were within 30 yards though. I ended up selling it for close to what I paid for it and now I'm back to the old 835 and couldn't be happier. The next upgrade I will make will be when my old one bites the dust, and I will buy another 835 more than likely. Maybe even one with the thumbhole in the stock (Man, thats a nice feature!) Or a Beneli, if I can afford it.

Latest posts