12 ga slugs

lightsareout

I am debating take a try and slugs this year on the WMA that I hunt as rifles are not permitted. And no ML for me right now. Any advice on smooth bore slugs with just a bead for sight?

tsc

I shot 20 ga Federal truball out of a Remington smooth bore slug barrel,killed 2 deer with that gun last year. It shot about like a rifle out to 60yds or so. Those truball did better than any I tested.

JimFromTN

I would say max range with a smooth bore and bead sight is about 50 or so yards. You can try to shoot further but it will be a hail mary kind of shot especially if you are not absolutely sure of the distance. A cheap 12 ga smooth bore slug will typically drop 8 inches at 100 yds. The best slugs I have found for smooth bore are the fiocchi aero slugs. You may be able to get out to 75 yds with your setup providing you practice allot to figure out what its doing.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/183611 ... ifled-slug

Headhunter

Savage 220 20 ga slug gun if you want to buy a gun. Not terribly expensive and they are shooters and with remington accutips, deer don't go anywhere.

lightsareout

i either need to get a slug barrel for next year or a ML to get more use out of percy priest, thanks for the advice

Latest posts