2017 Applications

UTgodevil23

Well I was unsuccessful in Utah (Muzz-Deer and Muzz-Elk LE) as well as Pronghorn in Wyoming. Thinkning about just getting an OTC for elk and trying my luck in the Uiantas in UTAH. Anyone every tried? Heard its tough, but heck I've already bought the license for UTAH, might as well use it.

WR

AT Hiker

SD deer points in, and TN deer/elk.
I need to decide if I want to gamble in the SD bison hunt or not. The tag alone is close to the price for a nice ranch bison hunt. It's schematics on whether you think ranch bison are less superior than today's "free range". I think UT has a herd somewhere that is of the original genetics, which would be cool, but for the most part private ranches are bigger than these "refuge" hunts and not to mention logistics are a lot less complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceS4803

True on the buffalo.
I'm still researching those reservation hunts. I thought the ranch where "Dances With Wolves" was filmed was still offering hunts, but apparently not.

AT Hiker

I have a client who got to hunt in AK a few years back, it took 5 people to make sure the hunter made it safe back to the plane. Basically it got dark as they were packing a bear out and all the bears friends decided they wanted revenge that night.

LanceS4803

In Steve Rinella's book about buffalo, he tells about the time he took one in Alaska and the steps he took to get it back to the river. Constant race against the bears.
Harrowing, to say the least.

turk870

anyone had any hits on there card by Arizonia dnr, I havent as of yet, but they are starting to hit the lucky ones.

LanceS4803

Poser":2j1ck5y4 said:
LanceS4803":2j1ck5y4 said:
In Steve Rinella's book about buffalo, he tells about the time he took one in Alaska and the steps he took to get it back to the river. Constant race against the bears.
Harrowing, to say the least.

If I recall, he almost drowned and died of hypothermia trying to float the meat out downriver.

Yep.
But if you live, what a story you get to tell!

wjohnson1983

turk870":nr6o1wmq said:
anyone had any hits on there card by Arizonia dnr, I havent as of yet, but they are starting to hit the lucky ones.

I only bought a point this year since I had the WY deer tag.

Just point my antelope and elk point for WY too.

AT Hiker

AZ results are posted. looks like no last minute Coues hunt for me this year :(

We need to get a group together one year to fly out to AZ and take the hunter safety course so we can gain a extra point.

nwsg76

Just bought points in Wyoming and montana today.
I need to start burning some of these before I get too old.
Maybe next yr I will burn my 8 antelope or 9 deer points in wyoming. Maybe even split then for right partner.

AT Hiker

nwsg76":xeiauuy4 said:
Just bought points in Wyoming and montana today.
I need to start burning some of these before I get too old.
Maybe next yr I will burn my 8 antelope or 9 deer points in wyoming. Maybe even split then for right partner.

If you decide to hang on to those points a little while longer I will submit my resume to you[emoji6]. 2019 I will have zero antelope points but if the winter holds good a group could likely get into a solid unit in the special draw with 5 points. Depending on the antelope unit you could also likely draw a God deer unit. Which deer unit do you have in mind?

Buzzard Breath

AT Hiker":se2lydb8 said:

We need to get a group together one year to fly out to AZ and take the hunter safety course so we can gain a extra point.
You mean something like; fly to AZ, take hunt safety course, backpack into the White Mountains, catch Apache Trout, fly home? I could see something like that happening. He!!, I could see that happening next month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Buzzard Breath":30g3bvyq said:
AT Hiker":30g3bvyq said:

You mean something like; fly to AZ, take hunt safety course, backpack into the White Mountains, catch Apache Trout, fly home? I could see something like that happening. He!!, I could see that happening next month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Something along those lines!

AT Hiker

wjohnson1983":1eys8bol said:
I'm in on the Hunter Safety course.

My wife may kill me if I don't take her to the Grand Canyon though.

Solution, we lie! We say we are going somewhere boring to do doing boring stuff. We take no pictures, no evidence and pray we don't get caught.

AT Hiker

Poser":20rlbs72 said:
CO leftover tags are posted and available http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Leftover.pdf

Get me some insider intel on a NR with 5 points, specifically a early season high country muzzle loader Muley hunt. As my unofficial guide I will treat you to a hefty serving of local craft beers of your choice.
I think I got my third point this year and I do not want to fall trap to CO point creep.