Food Plots YouTube video food plot "systems"

Ski

At some point I may try converting a plot or two to perennial clover. But I've shied away from perennial clovers because I'm looking for maximum food production in fall/winter, and perennials clovers are easily outshined by annuals at that time of year.

I was referring to your bottoms that you say are too tough to plot. Durana seems a good option when nothing else works.

BSK

I was referring to your bottoms that you say are too tough to plot. Durana seems a good option when nothing else works.
Don't get any sun at all. Most are aligned east-west with tall ridges on both sides. Only bottom I have that gets sun is a north-south oriented plot that is 10 yards wide and 150 yards long. And although it only gets about 2 hours of sunlight a day, the better soil makes it one of my most productive plots. Plus, only valley with no rocky creek.

Attachments

• plots20.jpg
    plots20.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Ski

If you are trying this then just buy an airator for lawns . They already have the spikes on them . I am thinking of getting one and trying it just to loosen the top few inches of soil . Either way i think it should work

The railroad spikes are for strength. They'll only stick about a couple inches. The rig will work a whole lot like a rasp grinder. All I'm wanting to do is expose and bust up the very top surface of the soil inside wooded areas. That means being able to withstand sticks, roots, rocks, and other forest debris. Powering it with a gear reduction motor so it'll spin similar speed as a tiller except it's scuffing the soil rather than turning it over.

Latest posts