Food Plots Food plot water question

BigAl

I have a clover food plot in the backyard that I planted at about the same time as my club plots. With the lack of rain this year, I have been able to water the backyard plot with a sprinkler. Pretty sure the club plots are in poor condition due to the lack of rain so I was wondering if I could water them as well. Got to figuring if my plots are roughly .20 to .25 acres in size, I would need somewhere between 5000 and 7500 gallons of water to simulate an inch of rain. Wholy smokes! Is my calculation correct? No way I'd be able to haul that amount of water. Wondering if I should even be putting that amount of strain on my well for the backyard plot.

Here's a pic of the backyard plot a couple of weeks ago. Just happened to catch a hummingbird in the shot.

Attachments

• 20230922_093248.jpg
    20230922_093248.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 40

deerhunter10

Takes roughly 25000 gallons an acre to equal an inch. Noone can out shine mother nature. If you can do it I don't think it hurts, but it is a lot of work for not a lot of return. Basically maintaining what is there. I do irrigation on yards and it's maintaining way more then actually growing more times then not.

Latest posts