You know what would be cool....

TennesseeRains

...to compile a bunch of the recipes posted here into a Tndeer cookbook. The cooks of Tndeer - the best eats from the best fireside on the net....or something of that nature.

green doe

I thought there was something like that many, many, many years ago. That doesn't ring a bell, TR? Maybe tndoe would know about it.

It's not a bad idea as a fundraiser but someone would have to put it together. I know they have software programs that compile and design those books. Maybe someone from a church that has done it can speak to that.

But it would have to be okayed by the tndeer ownership, of course.

TennesseeRains

Ya know - come to think of it...that does sound right green doe! Tndoe definitely should know - she's the keeper of the archives...

:)

TennesseeRains

That would be good to check with tndoe - green doe....

Actually, I like k8's idea of some sort of fundraiser - however, seeing as the owners of the site that I'm addicted to probably wish to make money...maybe a portion could be set aside for St. Jude or whatever charity they see fit.

I really do believe there are others besides those who've replied to this post who would buy a Tndeer cookbook...heck, there's stuff in the Tndeer 'store' now such as stikers, decals, shirts, hats, etc.....

I know I would!

bowriter

R.I.P.
Here is the major problem. There is nothing more boring than writing cookbook. Talk about tedious! The first book I ever wrote was a cookbook and I swore I would never write another recipe. But it sure made a lot of money.

LadyMarlin

R.I.P.
Wildcat said:
TnDoe did one on here when she was middle aged.

note to self: be sure to pay wildcat back next time you see him.

Folks, this idea was tossed around on three seperate occasions. The furtherst I got was a collection of roughly fifteen recipes from members here. I did send for a kit from a cookbook publisher and still have it boxed up with those recipes I did receive.

I could make this work, but I'd need some stong support.
I couldn't start on it until late summer as I have several other projects I have to catch up with first. My understanding, is that it could take up to six months for the publisher to finish an order of 200 or so, depending on what was ahead of it at the getgo.

farmin68

Doing this right would be a big project.

One concern I have is someone sending in a recipe they haven't prepared... If they do, the person who actually prepares it for the member offering the recipe needs to approve it and should get credit for it.

Also, without gonig back through and reading, where would the profits go? I hope Hunters for the Hungry would be considered as I think we should try to keep a good portion of the profits close to the hunting community.

Latest posts