May be getting a smoker

Black Titan

I might just have to do it to prove that to her. The "may" part at this moment is solely because of the better half haha. I may have to deal with her being ticked off until the first couple of meals come off the smoker for her to finally be like "you know what, im glad you got this thing!"

BT

I got the "go ahead and do what you want but that's my stance on it" comment. Which means I'll be in the doghouse for a bit.

BT

lafn96

I might just have to do it to prove that to her. The "may" part at this moment is solely because of the better half haha. I may have to deal with her being ticked off until the first couple of meals come off the smoker for her to finally be like "you know what, im glad you got this thing!"

BT
I've found that people who say they don't like smoked food, chances are pretty good they will like bbq done from the pellet smoker. It doesn't have nearly as much smoke flavor as a stick burner; and if the person cooking on the stick burner didn't manage the fire correctly, or used lighter fluid, etc - food from the pellet smoker will be better.

mike243

Hickory all day long, the store bought has to be kiln dried to make sure no bugs are shipped, local wood will always give better flavor, wait till the leaves are off and the sap is down, cut and split and use. for grilling grab a small hand full of shag bark for grilling, you will be suprised at the flavor, start with small amounts as you put your food on, you can over do it

Black Titan

Holler if you ever come this way. I got plenty.

Thanks! Not sure what way that is, but I'll try and remember that if I can ever get the wife on board. As of now I've pretty much been told I WILL be in the doghouse for an extended stay if I go ahead and get the smoker lol.

I have to giver her credit though-- she knows me. I got the "you'll do like your other hobbies and go all in and before we know it packages will be showing up with "accessories" you "need". Haha I already had a saved cart with about $300 worth of accessories picked out.

BT

Lt.Dan

Check out Killer Hogs for your rubs. When I look to those who know BBQ, it's hard to beat a 450lb boy from Mississippi… Everything Malcolm makes is incredible. Made tons of his recipes and not once have I been disappointed. You'll look like a rockstar for following simple instructions. His YT channel is How to BBQ Right
Checked out his channel. I will be trying some of his recipes 😋

Lt.Dan

Thanks! Not sure what way that is, but I'll try and remember that if I can ever get the wife on board. As of now I've pretty much been told I WILL be in the doghouse for an extended stay if I go ahead and get the smoker lol.

I have to giver her credit though-- she knows me. I got the "you'll do like your other hobbies and go all in and before we know it packages will be showing up with "accessories" you "need". Haha I already had a saved cart with about $300 worth of accessories picked out.

BT
I'm confused? What has she got against you cooking? What woman ever has against a man cooking for her? Is she Loco? My wife brags about my cooking and eats everything I cook. I've got a grill, 2 griddles, and 2 smokers. I'm looking to get one of those electric smokers next.

backyardtndeer

I use a masterbuilt electric. Gives good enough flavor for everyone that I feed. I cut my own chunks of wood, usually from the hickory or pecan trees in my yard. I do often add little chunks of charcoal when I add my wood.

I have used several different commercial rubs, and have made my own as well. My favorites have brown sugar or molasses. Currently using killer hogs, it's ok. Sam's club typically has the best prices for rubs.

Black Titan

Just a little update......

BT

Attachments

• 20230806_133006.jpg
    20230806_133006.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230806_172200.jpg
    20230806_172200.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts