Wyoming antelope

rtaylor

Me and my brother had a blast hunting antelope in Wyoming this week. We both had a buck and a doe tag and filled all of them. Very exciting and completely different from hunting whitetail.

We were told by a local to do everything you can to fill tags within the first 2 days of the opener or it would be difficult. He was right. They get shot at so much that if they see a truck within a mile they are gone. Luckily we filled ours the first 2 days from 120 yards to 300 yards. Already looking forward to next year.
5e4d80aeffeb5f2a9c8b4f5b239b6a9c.jpg
fa942f1fb149ad59c6ca3be5ad804eac.jpg

bigtex

Re: Wyoming antelope

Congrats, that's a fine looking speed goat.
I agree, hunting Antelope is a blast!!!!

AT Hiker

Well done on a nice buck and some upcoming fine eating.

As for your local intel about filling the tags the first couple days, yes I believe him. Most recent anecdotal evidence proves this as we just got back as well. We waited until the 2nd half of season and had extreme difficulty finding any pronghorn in public land.

Congrats again and welcome to the Western hunting addiction club[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtaylor

EastTNHunter":gml2tuzp said:
Sweet!!! Public land? I'm considering doing this with my daughter
Yes it was public land. Plenty of antelope. We put in for a nonresident special tag and got drawn without preference points. It would be a super fun hunt to take your daughter on with high success rates in most units.

GOODWIN

Nice goat Ryan. Looks like yall had a great trip. Antelope has become my favorite table fare.

ROVERBOY

Antelope in Wyoming is my dream hunt. Like to get one with my .308 and try to get a good shot with my .357 Magnum. Someday maybe...…...