Drew Montana Antelope Tag!

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
What unit? Congratulations. Tough tag these days (years) for nonresidents........... I am in MT now..........bucks are starting to roam and hang up on doe groups. You have leased property or hunting public ground? MT Cadastral maps for names and phone numbers now if you won't have internet access then............

Jdd65

What unit? Congratulations. Tough tag these days (years) for nonresidents........... I am in MT now..........bucks are starting to roam and hang up on doe groups. You have leased property or hunting public ground? MT Cadastral maps for names and phone numbers now if you won't have internet access then............
We drew the 700 unit. We might hunt public some, but we'll also take advantage of the program for landowners opening their land to hunters. One of the guys in my party knows the area well, so I'm deferring to him for the most part. Thanks for the input.

Dean Parisian

We drew the 700 unit. We might hunt public some, but we'll also take advantage of the program for landowners opening their land to hunters. One of the guys in my party knows the area well, so I'm deferring to him for the most part. Thanks for the input.
The Region 7 offices in Miles City are ground zero for maps and intel. The gals running that office are, well, how to say this politely because I have dealt with them for years, are a bit overworked and don't have the most congenial attitude to help. They get the same questions from everyone who walks in. It's hunting. Lots of public ground that holds goats if you get away from roads well south of Miles City. Plenty of rattlers. Snake gaiters wouldn't hurt. Be patient, cover some ground, wear orange and you will have the time of your life. The Montana Bar in Miles City has some great muley bucks on the wall way in the back. Good food too!

Jdd65

The Region 7 offices in Miles City are ground zero for maps and intel. The gals running that office are, well, how to say this politely because I have dealt with them for years, are a bit overworked and don't have the most congenial attitude to help. They get the same questions from everyone who walks in. It's hunting. Lots of public ground that holds goats if you get away from roads well south of Miles City. Plenty of rattlers. Snake gaiters wouldn't hurt. Be patient, cover some ground, wear orange and you will have the time of your life. The Montana Bar in Miles City has some great muley bucks on the wall way in the back. Good food too!
Wow! Great info! Thanks! I'm really excited for this hunt. Going with a group of guys that are way more knowledgeable than me about everything hunting.. So I'm just really looking forward to absorbing a lot of good info and some great memories.

Dean Parisian

IMG_6874.jpg

Antelope for breakfast! Wish I had a tag this year....................Put down a dandy antelope last year in Colorado that had a front leg shot off. It was the least I could do to slap a tag on one that would probably be a coyote meal come December........

Outdoor Enthusiast

View attachment 192564

Antelope for breakfast! Wish I had a tag this year....................Put down a dandy antelope last year in Colorado that had a front leg shot off. It was the least I could do to slap a tag on one that would probably be a coyote meal come December........
Looks tasty. What would you compare the flavor of antelope meat to?

41Magnum

View attachment 192564

Heading to Wyoming at the end of September, first trip out west, hunting a private ranch and will be the first group of hunters this year. Four of us are going. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts