WYO Antelope

tellico4x4

Great job!
I'm not sure that " if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough" applies, I think you lend credence to " when the going gets tough, the tough get going"! Coming off the worst winterkill in our lifetime and you not only manage to pull it off, but with a great buck as well. Finding a dozen bucks in a couple days scattered across an enormous landscape is no easy feat, I'm sure a lot of hunters will have tag soup this year. Job well done 👍👍!!
Look forward to sharing a Moose Drool with you & @Buzzard Breath next year 🍻

Last edited:

gtk

Staff member
Congrats.. Awesome write up too ! I was bummed that my WY hunt didn't pan out this year. I do have some antelope chops from last season, thawing out as I type this :)

OldFart

Thanks Muchly for sharing with me! Got me all worked up as I am going "goat" hunting OCT 7. Have a buck tag and on a hunt with Outdoor Buddies. A stroke and lingering effects have slowed me down but have NOT stopped me. First chance in almost 7 years. I did go with my son in law and daughter last year and he was successful for a doe. Bet I've harvested over two dozen goats, four with a bow. Enjoy!

AT Hiker

Thanks Muchly for sharing with me! Got me all worked up as I am going "goat" hunting OCT 7. Have a buck tag and on a hunt with Outdoor Buddies. A stroke and lingering effects have slowed me down but have NOT stopped me. First chance in almost 7 years. I did go with my son in law and daughter last year and he was successful for a doe. Bet I've harvested over two dozen goats, four with a bow. Enjoy!
Best of luck!
Obviously your medical issues haven't slowed you down much. You sir, are one tough sucker…I admire that, greatly.

Buzzard Breath

Kool!
Never heard em called prairie lobsters, but you look like the WY sun got you a little lobster red! 🤣🤣

Good story. Good goat. And thanks for sharing.

Headed to WY with a muley tag in a few weeks! Can't wait!
What part of the state are you hunting? Just the general area.

Good luck.

AT Hiker

Kool!
Never heard em called prairie lobsters, but you look like the WY sun got you a little lobster red! 🤣🤣

Good story. Good goat. And thanks for sharing.

Headed to WY with a muley tag in a few weeks! Can't wait!
I got a little toasted and dehydrated but that's part of the game.
Good luck on your hunt. I actually just talked with some guys who hunted elk in that general area. Weather is good. So far no major storms. Maybe a bit warm but you'll be able to get up high, where the big boys are.

AT Hiker

I use to think the winter kill got most of the antelope. Now, I'm pretty positive the giant, man-eating, porcupines have feasted on them.
Walked up on this sucker and he was quick to let me know he wasn't skeered.

IMG_3494.jpeg

AT Hiker

Latest posts