Wouldn't it be nice

Levee Jumper

It's been allowed to grow up in 20 foot trees and absolutely overrun with beaver and ditches. TWRA has let Grays Creek go to hell!!
The TWRA is good at buying up good duck hunting ground and turning it into a thicket that likes to flood after a sprinkle. Im all for the state buying additional ground but they should leave good duck holes good duck holes and buy some high ground around the bottom to support wildlife when the backwater gets out. What good is an additional few hundred acres of woods adjacent to a few thousand acres of woods if it all floods at the same time?

Grays Creek, Tumbleweed WMA, 100 Acre field and Glovers old farm on Gooch WMA, the Ponderosa at Bogota WMA, the big field up at Hwy 45 on Obion River WMA, the list goes on and on. It's almost as bad as them building the boat ramp at Tigrett to ensure no ducks can use half of the bottom for the countless surface drives.

drake799

How much corruption was there at the previous draw? Just people whining because they didn't get a blind. At least you could see everything previously. As people were drawn you could write down names and how many sign ons. You could tell who knew what they were doing and who didn't, so you knew places that would more than likely be open to hunt at times. Now everything is hidden so whoever is in charge can do what they want (McDonald's monopoly). How much easier is it going to be, to fake a card printed on computer paper as apposed to the card stock formally used? Now whoever is the biggest bully will hop the best spots that nobody from out of town or state will hunt much because they will not even give a list of names on who drew what.
Exactly i did this for years. Kept up with names and numbers of signons to blinds for personal knowledge it was something you could fall back on if you wanted to try and hop a blind. Now you have absolutely no idea about anything.

arickettsjr

Exactly i did this for years. Kept up with names and numbers of signons to blinds for personal knowledge it was something you could fall back on if you wanted to try and hop a blind. Now you have absolutely no idea about anything.
Just out of curiosity, how does TWRA look at that? If they happened to check the blind and you were in there would you be in trouble?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just out of curiosity, how does TWRA look at that? If they happened to check the blind and you were in there would you be in trouble?
Blind hopping is perfectly legal and a widely used option.
twra took that option away from the top blinds at all the wma's this year though.
Best spots with these supposed 30K blinds on them you can't hop.

Furthering the "increased opportunities"

ppffffffffffttttttttttttt

GUNNERX2

Duck hunters have never trusted anyone. Back in the 70s when I 1st started duck hunting, I would attend the drawing at Old Hickory and they had a Catholic priest pull the duck bands out of the barrel (yes back then you were given a duck band to drop in the barrel). No one even trusted the priest and had him remove his wrist watch so that he couldn't hide someone's duck band underneath it. Those were the days I tell ya.

Pic IN the Casa

How much corruption was there at the previous draw? Just people whining because they didn't get a blind. At least you could see everything previously. As people were drawn you could write down names and how many sign ons. You could tell who knew what they were doing and who didn't, so you knew places that would more than likely be open to hunt at times. Now everything is hidden so whoever is in charge can do what they want (McDonald's monopoly). How much easier is it going to be, to fake a card printed on computer paper as apposed to the card stock formally used? Now whoever is the biggest bully will hop the best spots that nobody from out of town or state will hunt much because they will not even give a list of names on who drew what.
You are correct. However they don't care. They've already patted each other on the back and are choosing their slivers of WMA land they want named after themselves.

West_Tn

Blind hopping is perfectly legal and a widely used option.
twra took that option away from the top blinds at all the wma's this year though.
Best spots with these supposed 30K blinds on them you can't hop.

Furthering the "increased opportunities"

ppffffffffffttttttttttttt
Alright, so hear me out. They classify Tier 2 blinds as agency built blinds. It says so right there on their website. I say if they don't build them and use the existing structure instead everyone should blind hop all they want.

Levee Jumper

Backwater was out the first week of Squirrel season last year along the Forked Deer and the Obion. If it does that this year, it will put a hitch in their giddy up while building blinds.

Latest posts