We have to be stupid!

Tweeter

Hunted the past 2 days, shot birds but damn was it cold! My MIL called me a idiot! I told her Jesus loves me!
IMG_8965.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg
IMG_8921.jpeg

Tweeter

My feet are cold when it's warm and especially my right one. Tore it up in high school and again in college. Just get used to it. For example sitting in my home office right now with socks and shoes on and it's 65 degrees and my right foot is cold.
I feel that, my face hurts in cold from where I took a bull horn up my nose!

OffHand85

Thanks for this, my nephew was disappointed we didn't get to experience that, I am not taking a child out to 18 degree weather in water. Glad y'all had fun and were safe! I have a nightmare story about hunting in icy conditions…

SEC

Thanks for this, my nephew was disappointed we didn't get to experience that, I am not taking a child out to 18 degree weather in water. Glad y'all had fun and were safe! I have a nightmare story about hunting in icy conditions…
I gotta hear it.

OffHand85

I gotta hear it
05/06
Wolf river, Bateman road, buddy and I had battled ice before and harvested limits.
Temps around 15 degrees before sunrise very little wind. Birds were in town and we got a good scouting report for the area, paddled off into the swamp, water was higher, Lilly roots were under ice some what.
Easy breaking for the first 400 yards, almost to the hole.
Chopping and pushing got harder, then we hit some current that hasn't yet froze solid, things seemed easier for another 150 yards, only planned on using a few decoys, not loaded down with much.
The Columbia down jacket got hot so it came off halfway through.
Wader strap off a shoulder, trying not to sweat.
While breaking loose on thin ice we built up speed, stable, closer slid up on a thick ice shelf, rolled right over!
last thing I remember he grabbed me by the wader belt, and pulled me up on the island. Tried to start a fire, everything's frozen. Hard to breathe.
He has within seconds collected the gear floating around and threw me into the canoe.
I was never sure of how wet he got. I was drenched.
Stinging and shivering. I could barely move.
Not really sure of what happened and in shock, we surprisingly made it back to the truck in about 20 minutes. My waders froze solid. Being a gear hog I kept more than enough needed in the blazer, got changed. Canoe loaded up, strapped to the 14' Jon boat (barely)
Stopped at a laundry mat, got everything drying, hopped of to brads bbq, they were just opening for breakfast, drank 2 pots of coffe, and at 20 never really drank it anyways, but it was the best coffe I've had to this day.
Ate plates of eggs and bacon, biscuits, milk and juice.
Loaded the laundry and headed to explore The lower Hatchie. Found a honey hole that day.
Scariest day of hunting ever.
I thank that man who is a hard worker, kind, great duck hunter and father today for being tough and saving my life. Lost the jacket, wasn't even wearing it! I should have been!