Didn’t have anything better to do

Ridgeline300

Went against my better judgment lol but I went duck hunting. Use to could go to a couple different lakes close by and pick a hollow, cove or flat with grass growing in it and be guaranteed a few ducks, not any more. Hard to explain to new guys just how good it use to be. We rode around some and never saw a single duck. Did see a turkey strutting on the mud though.
IMG_4289.jpeg

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I felt blessed to kill a mallard drake this morning. He did it right, too. But the numbers just aren't here, this year.

Makes me wonder if the north will lock up at all before the end of the season, or if birds will continue to be scattered across the whole creation.

Dodge Man

I felt blessed to kill a mallard drake this morning. He did it right, too. But the numbers just aren't here, this year.

Makes me wonder if the north will lock up at all before the end of the season, or if birds will continue to be scattered across the whole creation.
There is no major cold front forecasted out through January 10th. Your only chance might be the last 2 weeks of the season. But that a long shot.

30-06 type of guy

Went against my better judgment lol but I went duck hunting. Use to could go to a couple different lakes close by and pick a hollow, cove or flat with grass growing in it and be guaranteed a few ducks, not any more. Hard to explain to new guys just how good it use to be. We rode around some and never saw a single duck. Did see a turkey strutting on the mud though.View attachment 209632
Wish I could experience what it use to be like. Did kill my first 🦆 this past week. Flew in no calls. Had a good group of pintails circling but the hole across from us sky busted em.

Latest posts