Gonna be nice in the morning

Dodge Man

Same here we hunted Tigret and not much going on all day. Some blinds seemed to shoot a few times but our hole was dead.
I hunted Tigret, we killed 20 but it was over before 8am. My guess was they feed all night and were going back to some places to roost for the day. We saw very few ducks once the sun came up. We could have killed a limit of ducks for 10 minutes before shooting time.

Last edited:

WilcoKen

I hunted Tigret, we killed 20 but it was over before 8am. My guess was they feed all night and were going back to some places to roost for the day. We saw very few ducks once the sun came up. We could have killed a limit of ducks for 10 minutes before shooting time.
Sounds like a great morning. All the birds that came over our field was very early. I got there at 5 and just sat quiet for 45 minutes and alot of birds were flying right over me. Heard alot of gadwalls and pintails. By 6:15 the sky was empty.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We got 3 teal and a woody at Thorny pool 8 Friday, had 2 teal land in the decoys this morning 10 minutes before shooting time and never fired a shot. Looks like it'll be iced in tomorrow morning so we picked up and came home.

DeerWhisperer

Spent the past 3 days in Grubbs, Arkansas( about 20 minutes southwest of Jonesboro). 3 hunters and we never raised our guns. The heavy rains they had earlier in the week has pushed the Cache river out of its banks. the guys hunting via boats off the river did pretty gun, we were in a field 1 mile from the river and never fired a shot. Pittiful

Levee Jumper

Hunted Mon.-Thurs. in West Tennessee and killed 76. Only about 30 of them were mallards. Lots of grey ducks. Didn't see near the ducks I thought we would. I thought it would really pick up the last couple days given the good conditions but it hasn't.

spoonie

A teal and mallard was all the duck gods gave us today, breaking our 100 mark for the season so far, it's been a struggle, luckily I get to work the next 15 days in the freeze up and then have the rest of the season to hunt, hopefully January proves to be better hunting

Coltens

That's awesome! We had one chance ata group of 4 but a new guy hunting with us jumped up with his gun before they got in the hole and they were out of there. Other than that they just flew over our spot. Glad y'all killed several.

Latest posts