Gonna be nice in the morning

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wind should be hitting us right in the back of the head.
Gusts of up to 31.
Just hope we don't get skunked. LOL

It is very odd honestly.
Pits to the North of us about 15 miles are hammering the ducks.
The last few trips we have seen very very few ducks.
It is like they just aren't far enough South yet.
The geese have arrived, mostly snows, but we just aren't seeing many ducks.

Maybe they will show up tomorrow and we can actually see how they like our spot???

Dodge Man

Hasn't for me in 8 years. :D
Even where I hunt you can't predict the good days anymore. In the past few years I have taken vacation days multiple times because a cold front is coming or a cold sunny day and every time it is nothing special. Then some random day it will turn on and be on fire. We have said for a few years now you can't predict the great days anymore. You just have to go hunt when you have time. A few days a season will be the great one and you have to be there to find out.

WilcoKen

Even where I hunt you can't predict the good days anymore. In the past few years I have taken vacation days multiple times because a cold front is coming or a cold sunny day and every time it is nothing special. Then some random day it will turn on and be on fire. We have said for a few years now you can't predict the great days anymore. You just have to go hunt when you have time. A few days a season will be the great one and you have to be there to find out.
I can definitely relate to this. "Cold weather will push them down" has not translated in to big days for me the last several years--really not even decent days. It all seems totally random anymore. The trouble for me is I cant afford to take the gamble of driving all the way from Lebanon, TN to Kennett, MO and have a busted hunt. If I lived closer (west TN) I would feel differently Im sure. But that 4 hour drive home after a busted hunt over crappy, pressured fields will sour a man's attitude after 5-10 times.

Hawk

Wind should be hitting us right in the back of the head.
Gusts of up to 31.
Just hope we don't get skunked. LOL

It is very odd honestly.
Pits to the North of us about 15 miles are hammering the ducks.
The last few trips we have seen very very few ducks.
It is like they just aren't far enough South yet.
The geese have arrived, mostly snows, but we just aren't seeing many ducks.

Maybe they will show up tomorrow and we can actually see how they like our spot???
Pits two the north? Rice?

Displaced_Vol

What's the report from all the duck killers out there? I had half a mind to go near the house for a short hunt before a trip out of town but it didn't work out.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My son and I went.
Killed
3 teal
1 spoonie
1 bull pintail

We got eager on a pair of mallards and jumped too quick 😂
Shot at another group of teal but they were coming straight into the 30 mph wind and when we dropped the flaps they turned straight up and were literally 100 yards high before I shouldered my gun 😂 it was hilarious!

WilcoKen

My son and I went.
Killed
3 teal
1 spoonie
1 bull pintail

We got eager on a pair of mallards and jumped too quick 😂
Shot at another group of teal but they were coming straight into the 30 mph wind and when we dropped the flaps they turned straight up and were literally 100 yards high before I shouldered my gun 😂 it was hilarious!
Sounds like a great hunt.

Latest posts