Worst pull ever.

Andy S.

I've had 4 cameras running all year on two different farms. Plenty of deer pics, and other wildlife, but only one good mature buck, and one other decent buck this summer. I'll have entirely different bucks on camera Oct-Dec. It happens every year for the most part. The only fawn pic I have this summer is in a coyote's mouth few nights back. I know fawns are on the ground because I have seen some while out and about, but I have not gotten one on trail camera this summer.

BSK

A couple of yearling bucks and a single 2-year-old 8 point. Quite a few does, and a couple fawns. But most surprisingly, quite a few turkey, which is rare for summertime.

BSK

Wow, happened to be at my property working on washed out roads and just happened to check a camera I had only put up 48 hours previous. 35 videos including a whole string of good bucks, one being a nice 10-point. Can't wait until I pull cards next.

Ski

Wow, happened to be at my property working on washed out roads and just happened to check a camera I had only put up 48 hours previous. 35 videos including a whole string of good bucks, one being a nice 10-point. Can't wait until I pull cards next.

Ha! Luck of the draw. I see at least one group of big bucks every summer and they show up once, get me excited, then I don't see them again until rut. No idea the rhythm or reason. My best guess is they're taking inventory of does and which fawns are female.

BSK

Ha! Luck of the draw. I see at least one group of big bucks every summer and they show up once, get me excited, then I don't see them again until rut. No idea the rhythm or reason. My best guess is they're taking inventory of does and which fawns are female.
I just don't know where such a bachelor group of all older bucks came from. Usually, they stick to the bottomlands all summer.

Ski

I just don't know where such a bachelor group of all older bucks came from. Usually, they stick to the bottomlands all summer.

Yeah same with my place. There's nothing for them in summer months unless they're just doing a walkabout to scope out their rut. It's uncanny how they pop in out of nowhere in summer, then I don't see them again until a doe is about to be hot. Their timing is too perfectto be coincidence. That's why I've wondered if those summer visits are inventory checks. Most fawns that have survived this long will still be alive in fall and if they are female will possibly hit estrus early winter. Their mommas for sure will be ready to breed again. A nice summer stroll would let a buck know how many females are in the area, what age, and where to find them.

kaizen leader

My Edge wasn't sending so I went to check it. I found it with the motion lens broken like it was stabbed. The battery was also dead. It worked with the lens broke but not good. I can't figure out how that could have happened. I'll try to put some kind of lens on it but if that doesn't work I'll have to buy another one.

ghostdance56

My Edge wasn't sending so I went to check it. I found it with the motion lens broken like it was stabbed. The battery was also dead. It worked with the lens broke but not good. I can't figure out how that could have happened. I'll try to put some kind of lens on it but if that doesn't work I'll have to buy another one.
Vandalism by trespasser??

Knothead

I pulled my cameras last fall. Seems like the last few years I would get one pic of a nice buck then poof, never see him again. I would see all the less mature deer, but the good one never comes back. So, maybe I will get to see the good buck in my sights this year. This is last years pic:
View attachment 186666

Lt , that's a very clear image. What camera are you using, if I may ask?

Latest posts