Wind keeping water from freezing ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Another thing about the ice eaters, from what I have "heard" and seen regarding the bootheel, is when the entire thing locks up the ducks literally leave overnight.
Keeping an open hole, from what I gather, is basically useless.

I have been there on the thaw though and no matter what you gotta do, you need to be there for that !!!

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Another thing about the ice eaters, from what I have "heard" and seen regarding the bootheel, is when the entire thing locks up the ducks literally leave overnight.
Keeping an open hole, from what I gather, is basically useless.

I have been there on the thaw though and no matter what you gotta do, you need to be there for that !!!
You are correct. We played with the ice eater when we first got it, but it doesn't matter when there are no ducks to see your open water. Now it does help to have a bigger hole opened when the thaw starts.

GUNNERX2

Yep, I've seen huge chunks of ice break loose on reelfoot and take to floating off. How it didn't rip blinds down I have no idea.
Got a friend that has a blind on Reelfoot that was sheared off at the posts from an ice floe. Fortunately, he saw it coming and had enough time to get everybody out and head for the ramp.

Latest posts