Will this year be cold enough?

Midnight rider

Had the best deer season of my life. Now I am hoping that the blessings will continue. I have gotten to were I just don't get excited anymore for duck season cause the temperatures just haven't seemed cold enough to to really push the ducks south. Everyone is saying this is going to be a cold winter and I am cautiously getting excited again about ducks!! What do you folks think about this years forecast?

tickweed

looks average long range, however been watching polar vortex talk last few weeks. they are saying it has weakened, split, and has started to fall towards Europe and the states. they are saying it will be mid to late December before we see any effect, and it usually effects us for several weeks. I can only hope this is true.

Displaced_Vol

Too early for me to say. I haven't checked any farmers almanacs or long range prediction models yet, but I will in the next week.

I will say I've liked the weather we've been having up to this point. Seems about once a week throughout November we've gotten a cold snap and some precipitation. Lots of my hunting areas rely on precip to fill up instead of being pumped so I need some water, just not as much as last year!

We open on turkey day in KY and I'll likely just get a quick hunt on one of our ponds. Won't be rushed making it back for dinner & wont have to fight the worse crowds of the season. Lot of scouting happening these next 6 days for me.

Latest posts