Who has changed their mind on the two buck limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Belt

WGK...I know the limit reduction bothers you and believe me I'm not trying to rub salt in a wound but please explain exactly how those favoring the 2 buck limit are mandating how you are going to hunt or what you're able to kill. What will you do differently except shoot less than 3 bucks of any size you choose any time you hunt? Omit your guesstimating that Tn is headed to a 1 buck limit. It'll never happen and that supposition has nothing to do with how you hunt with a 2 buck limit.

Gravey

MUP":3ry08hxf said:
Doesn't matter now, no choice in the matter. I think it was great when a person had a choice, and could either practice his/her own preference on public land OR join a lease with like-minded individuals that share the same preferences. Now everyone has been mandated to conform to a certain groups viewpoint. Just how I see it.
I see this viewpoint but let's spin it the other way. Make statewide 1 buck and those that want to shoot every deer that walks has to spend money on a lease to do that.

Mike Belt

Gravey...It doesn't matter where you hunt. If there's a 1 buck limit you still won't be able to shoot every buck you see.....but you'll probably see more of them, lol. I figure I'll hunt 25 more years. I don't ever anticipate seeing a Tn 1 buck limit.

WGK

You know Mike it really doesn't matter it's a done deal now and it is what it is. But I do believe if some of you guys had to hunt the areas that a lot of east side guys hunt you would better understand how we feel. I can guarantee you that if we had the deer in the east that you guys have in the middle and west side loosing that one buck sure wouldn't hurt this hunter near as much. You know I have stated how I feel so now it's time for me to shut up and except it.

TNDeerGuy

I have not changed my mind, if anything this two-buck limit change has made me more spiteful, so there may be a number of button bucks that may get shot—something that has always been off-limits in the past! I am soooooo tired of hearing the word Improving age structure, older-class bucks, increasing opportunity, blah blah blah and the rest of the QDMA Kool-Aid that is regurgitated and spewed out since this argument began! This entire change was based solely off of one thing—antler size and the envy/greed that goes with it! If you believe anything else, then you are clearly delusional and probably voted against the rest of us in the last election. There is no way this is going to improve antler size and it most certainly isn't going to increase opportunity (something the TFWC tried to bloviate about and spread from the April meeting)! If mass killing the reproducers Statewide is such a good thing for down the road population numbers, then why are the turkeys hunters complaining about the fall turkey hunt and the hens being killed? No doubt doe numbers need to reduced in certain parts of the State, but not Statewide which is the effect this change will have. When you shoot a doe, you shoot any future fawns (male and female) she would have had! Tell me how East TN is going to have increased harvest opportunity? This is going to make the hard hunting over there, extremely hard now. I wouldn't be surprised to see sighting data compare closely to the late 80's/early 90's.

wobblegobble

arkwaterfowler":3kjqw08e said:
There are numerous areas of the state that can and do produce high quality antlers if the age structure is allowed to develop.
yelp, in my area allowing bucks to reach maturity has produced many deer over 130 inches. One of my buddies had 15 deer over 130 last year and most got a pass meaning this year they will be even bigger!

cecil30-30

TNDeerGuy":2ieuptgd said:
I have not changed my mind, if anything this two-buck limit change has made me more spiteful, so there may be a number of button bucks that may get shot—something that has always been off-limits in the past! I am soooooo tired of hearing the word Improving age structure, older-class bucks, increasing opportunity, blah blah blah and the rest of the QDMA Kool-Aid that is regurgitated and spewed out since this argument began! This entire change was based solely off of one thing—antler size and the envy/greed that goes with it! If you believe anything else, then you are clearly delusional and probably voted against the rest of us in the last election. There is no way this is going to improve antler size and it most certainly isn't going to increase opportunity (something the TFWC tried to bloviate about and spread from the April meeting)! If mass killing the reproducers Statewide is such a good thing for down the road population numbers, then why are the turkeys hunters complaining about the fall turkey hunt and the hens being killed? No doubt doe numbers need to reduced in certain parts of the State, but not Statewide which is the effect this change will have. When you shoot a doe, you shoot any future fawns (male and female) she would have had! Tell me how East TN is going to have increased harvest opportunity? This is going to make the hard hunting over there, extremely hard now. I wouldn't be surprised to see sighting data compare closely to the late 80's/early 90's.
I'll go on a button binge with you. And we can post em up as we whack em. Should be able to fill all 4 of my antler less tags during archery with button heads. I eat every deer I kill so a dead deer is just more meat in my freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts