Who has changed their mind on the two buck limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairchaser

I would have clearly been in the "don't change the buck limit" camp a few years ago. But, I have been in a club where there has been a two buck limit for five years and personally witnessed the difference. Age is just one factor in better bucks and better buck activity but an important one. How many have changed their mind or are open to see how this new rule will help?

WG Taxidermist

I have not!! I think it's ridiculous myself. Especially if their still going to allow hunters to go kill "bonus bucks". If it's 2 bucks it should be 2 bucks across the board.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk

stik

i have not and will not. unit B was under a 2 buck limit for several years. it will make no difference.

MUP

Doesn't matter now, no choice in the matter. I think it was great when a person had a choice, and could either practice his/her own preference on public land OR join a lease with like-minded individuals that share the same preferences. Now everyone has been mandated to conform to a certain groups viewpoint. Just how I see it.

TX300mag

It's hunters choosing to allow bucks to reach maturity combined with increased doe harvest that's made hunting improve, not a mandate limiting to two bucks. The limit could be a dozen and hunting would continue to improve with trigger restraint.

Mike Belt

I know this has been posted numerous times but again.....a 2 buck limit does or has nothing to do with any particular group of hunters mandating what deer another hunter shoots. Shoot whatever makes you happy. You just can't shoot over 2 of them. If the new limit makes you think twice before pulling the trigger so be it. That's part of it's design. Otherwise, shoot away.

WGK

Mike Belt":30ds3ysy said:
I know this has been posted numerous times but again.....a 2 buck limit does or has nothing to do with any particular group of hunters mandating what deer another hunter shoots. Shoot whatever makes you happy. You just can't shoot over 2 of them. If the new limit makes you think twice before pulling the trigger so be it. That's part of it's design. Otherwise, shoot away.

SERIOUSLY Mike I can't believe you think this is the truth.

WG Taxidermist

WGK":tlq2xntl said:
Mike Belt":tlq2xntl said:

SERIOUSLY Mike I can't believe you think this is the truth.
I really think he does!

Mike Belt

I really think I do, too. The 2 buck limit limits the number, not the size of bucks you can kill. Convince me that I'm wrong on that one. I might change my mind if you do. Otherwise, where in the world do you come up with whatever you shoot has to be a slam bam trophy? Before answering that, just for a minute drop your perception of thinking Tn is trying to become some kind of a trophy destination. Even those favoring the 2 buck limit don't believe that. You can't seriously believe that Tn will ever go to a 1 buck limit with antler restrictions and become the big buck mecca of the south.

WG Taxidermist

Mike Belt":2qxpzqzl said:
I really think I do, too. The 2 buck limit limits the number, not the size of bucks you can kill. Convince me that I'm wrong on that one. I might change my mind if you do. Otherwise, where in the world do you come up with whatever you shoot has to be a slam bam trophy? Before answering that, just for a minute drop your perception of thinking Tn is trying to become some kind of a trophy destination. Even those favoring the 2 buck limit don't believe that. You can't seriously believe that Tn will ever go to a 1 buck limit with antler restrictions and become the big buck mecca of the south.
We don't have the nutrition to support the big buck mecca but the 1 buck limit will be the next step when this doesn't work out.

TN Whitetail Freak

WG Taxidermist":2f03ialb said:
I have not!! I think it's ridiculous myself. Especially if their still going to allow hunters to go kill "bonus bucks". If it's 2 bucks it should be 2 bucks across the board.

They took BONUS BUCKS status away from ReelFoot so they changed up lots

WG Taxidermist

TN Whitetail Freak":2br8ibuo said:
WG Taxidermist":2br8ibuo said:

They took BONUS BUCKS status away from ReelFoot so they changed up lots
But not across the board!

WGK

Mike you said that this has NOTHING to do with a group of hunters trying to mandate the way the rest of us hunt or what we kill.

COME ON BROTHER YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS.

It has everything to do with this.

Tennessee Lead

Mike Belt":2k81vtkl said:

Mike I'm not sure if you do Facebook at all or not. If you do join a few hunting groups from Tennessee on there and read comments from hunters. You would be surprised at the number of hunters who want 1 buck or Ar's.
This could be the first step in that direction. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

catman529

WG Taxidermist":3euczrqg said:

some WMAs have management hunts to keep the herd in check, and they want you to shoot any deer so they make it bonus deer.

Sent from the talk of tap

TboneD

MUP":13isa7zy said:
...I think it was great when a person...could (either) practice his/her own preference on public land....Just how I see it.
I'm a guy that now hunts 100% public land, so what exactly do you mean? This is my perspective on public land "opportunities" and limits. Hunting "opportunities" to me doesn't mean liberal limits but more and better public ground with game on it.

So anyone in the whole state can come hunt any of the public land here in middle TN the whole season long. Fine. Problem is that with the three buck limit not many guys pass up young bucks when they come here just to put some meat in the freezer....So...IMHO the commission would actually be looking out for the public land hunter like myself more if they'd put different limits in place for public land than for private land like they do in MS. I know they do on many WMA's, but I mean ALL PUBLIC LAND. With the new buck limit though, just maybe, some of the young bucks on public land will get a pass. In other words, it doesn't matter what a guy's "preference" is if his public ground has been hunted to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonnerbuck1

We do have the soil in parts of this state to produce big bucks it's already happened. Some may not have the soil so age becomes more of a factor to produce a big buck. It's almost comical to see all the crying about the change it the limit. I wanted the change myself but wouldn't have been posting like it's the end of the world if they left it at 3.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

MUP":3c74tjtz said:
Doesn't matter now, no choice in the matter. I think it was great when a person had a choice, and could either practice his/her own preference on public land OR join a lease with like-minded individuals that share the same preferences. Now everyone has been mandated to conform to a certain groups viewpoint. Just how I see it.
same opinion here

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

WG Taxidermist":12hbo4ha said:
Mike Belt":12hbo4ha said:
We don't have the nutrition to support the big buck mecca but the 1 buck limit will be the next step when this doesn't work out.

Your exactly right

Status
Not open for further replies.