Food Plots Who’s planting this week or next?

megalomaniac

Got about 2/3rds of the plots bushhogged. Will spray in 10 to 14d... still plan to plant just before any decent rain event last week of Aug on except for the plot I'm leaving in sorgham and millet... that plot will get drilled late Sept.

tellico4x4

Got all the annuals sprayed with mixture of Gly & 24D the past 3 days. Picking up 32 sacks of custom blend seed next week. Will wait until mid Sept at earliest to plant in front of rain. Still have clover to fertilize and will do next good rain event.

deerfever

Started some strips today! Went home to mow the yard and get something to drink . I came back and turkeys are all in my seeded strips , going to town on the spots I had just done. Two hens and several good sized young ones. The two adults let me walk right up to the tractor 35 yards away and just kept scratching and pecking my seed. I got a feeling my plots are in Trouble. They wouldn't leave til I got on the tractor, fired it up and started moving. Come on man! Lol

BSK

Started some strips today! Went home to mow the yard and get something to drink . I came back and turkeys are all in my seeded strips , going to town on the spots I had just done. Two hens and several good sized young ones. The two adults let me walk right up to the tractor 35 yards away and just kept scratching and pecking my seed. I got a feeling my plots are in Trouble. They wouldn't leave til I got on the tractor, fired it up and started moving. Come on man! Lol
Turkey are just feathered seed-eating rats!

JCDEERMAN

Got all the annuals sprayed with mixture of Gly & 24D the past 3 days. Picking up 32 sacks of custom blend seed next week. Will wait until mid Sept at earliest to plant in front of rain. Still have clover to fertilize and will do next good rain event.
What's the mixture rate you use for the herbicide? I imagine 2 quarts / acre of gly plus 1 quart / acre 24D? Will that kill just about everything? All our newly-dozed fields have all sorts of weeds coming up.

Trying to get my math in line so I know how much 24D to get this coming weekend.

tellico4x4

What's the mixture rate you use for the herbicide? I imagine 2 quarts / acre of gly plus 1 quart / acre 24D? Will that kill just about everything? All our newly-dozed fields have all sorts of weeds coming up.

Trying to get my math in line so I know how much 24D to get this coming weekend.
This past week was first time we've sprayed that mixture. Got it off here somewhere, 2.5 oz each Gly & 24D-Amine. New plots is exactly why I gave this a try... Saw the 24D at Rural King today for $44.00 for 2 1/2 gallons! Think I paid twice that at TSC last week.

JCDEERMAN

This past week was first time we've sprayed that mixture. Got it off here somewhere, 2.5 oz each Gly & 24D-Amine. New plots is exactly why I gave this a try... Saw the 24D at Rural King today for $44.00 for 2 1/2 gallons! Think I paid twice that at TSC last week.
So good to hear on the $44 at RK. I'll be there later this week when I head to east TN. On that 2.5 oz of each, is that per gallon?

Latest posts