Food Plots Who’s planting this week or next?

Boll Weevil

Turnips going in tomorrow but gonna wait a bit on the wheat and oats. With nearly 4" of rain this week gonna take a chance.

Anyone else?

tellico4x4

Definitely not.
Still have spraying to do as well.

Avoid trying to " pick a date" to plant if at all possible. Always plant in front of rain & look at the long range forecast for rain afterwards. Have had several failures over the past 25 years due to rain shutting off after planting

Last edited:

JCDEERMAN

Not this weekend. It will certainly feel nice outside though. I may try to put up a few stands. May try fertilizing next weekend and planting will be early September. Hope the weather cooperates

BSK

I'm almost envious of everyone planting this weekend. Almost...

Next weekend is our annual "stand-moving weekend." I'm sure it will be back to hot and humid by that time. But at least this year we only have 12-13 ladder stands to move. Last year we put up 4 towers and moved 24 ladders. Took almost a week, and in brutal heat and humidity. Unpleasant to say the least.

muddyboots

Bought a truck load of seed.

Attachments

• E35B8412-1BAE-4294-94B2-A6E3C92A401C.jpeg
    E35B8412-1BAE-4294-94B2-A6E3C92A401C.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 65

deerfever

End of August / First of September for me, trying to get it ready for dove and deer. The doves are the tricky part , you may have them a few days before the opener then a front or something comes through and they are gone but at least I have my plots in! Lol

Jcalder

I'll wait till October. I used to try to plant around Labor Day but it seems the weather is usually hot and dry thru sept. October provides better weather for wheat and oats. Turnips might be different

DoubleRidge

Right now the plan is to plant turnip, tilliage radish and rape in some of the smaller plots towards the end of the month then around mid September sow couple of the larger plots in cereal rye....see how each plot is doing at the end of September and fill in any thin areas with winter wheat....layer wheat in thick as needed...and all of the plan above can or will change pending rain in the forecast...or lack of.

Latest posts