Which 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle and Why?

hillbillyfab

Academy has the Savage for $219.99 after rebate with a Weaver on it and a $30 dollar store gift card. Not sure what Wally world is asking, but that seems like a deal.
fcb95e77e375be4097705aa1072ce2b3.jpg

Duck dogn

That wouldn't be a bad deal if you actually got the rebate back! I bought a Remington 870 from bass pro 6 or 7 years ago with 50 dol rebate and never got it they said wrong code

TNRifleman

Savage has a great rebate program and you will get it pretty quickly. Between these two, I would go with the Axis. I toyed with the idea of a compass for my son but when I picked it up, to me it felt like the bolt handle could break off in my hand. Plenty of guys on here have raves about the accuracy of the Axis.

deerfever

I bought the Thompson center in the 6.5 at Academy about two weeks ago. They were on sale and had a 50 dollar rebate. The gun shoots really well and my 10 year old loves to shoot it also. I like the fact that you can adjust the trigger on the Thompson Center but to be honest I am not going to as the pull is not bad at all. The gun also has a lifetime warranty which the man at academy said they will stand behind no matter how old the gun was and said he had some experience with that on an older gun. I got an e-mail today from Smith and Wesson saying my rebate was approved and on the way. The rebate is still on the gun but I think they have went off sale at Academy. The gun will flat out shoot! With that being said I have not looked at the savage in that gun but I know they make a good product also.

Greentimber

I shot an Axis last weekend and wouldn't buy one for $20 let alone $200. The trigger was so terrible I checked to make sure the safety was actually off twice. Look at the Compass 6.5mm videos on the "Johhny's reloading Bench" YouTube channel and you'll see how much of a steal the 6.5 Creedmoor Compass is. He probably has a dozen videos up of the gun shooting way better than a $225 rifle should ever shoot.

deerfever

If it is has the Accu trigger on the savage that is a great trigger! I have a savage 220 slug gun with the Accu trigger and it is my favorite trigger out of any of my guns!

jb357

My vote is spend a little more and buy a quality gun. But if the savage is indeed the axis II with accutrigger that's the one you should go with

Remington700

I am sure you cannot tell by my signature, but I am partial to Remington 700's. I do believe the older ones were better quality. I still do not think you could wear a new one out in a lifetime.

jb357

Gvit":1o04n9wz said:
I bought an Axis II - added a Boyd's thumbhole stock, Timney trigger & Talley rings. MOA shooter.
So you bought the cheap gun then upgraded components when you could have bought a 110 model with accutrigger and accustock for the same money?

Gvit

jb357":mfgkkniw said:
Gvit":mfgkkniw said:
I bought an Axis II - added a Boyd's thumbhole stock, Timney trigger & Talley rings. MOA shooter.
So you bought the cheap gun then upgraded components when you could have bought a 110 model with accutrigger and accustock for the same money?

The Axis II I bought for $300 came w' Accutrigger & is stainless - I had the Timney from another rifle. Stock replacement would've happened regardless of Accustock or not. I use Talley rings on every rifle I own. Action is decent on the Axis - that's really the only place where price came into consideration for me. At the end of the day, I have a backup all-weather SS rifle for around $500 invested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu

I really like the T/C Venture with 5R rifling. I have one in 7mm mag and it drives tacks. My buddy and his son both have the 6.5 and its no different. Real tack driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKFOOTER

Ended up buying the Savage Axis XP/Bushnell 4-12X40 package at Wal Mart for $398. Bought a box of the WINCHESTER Deer Season ammo to break in the barrel along with some Hornady Precision Hunter loads to fine tune and hunt with. The WINCHESTER ammo threw sub 1" groups @ 100 yards as did the Hornadys. I am well pleased with my purchase.

jhardy

I bought the savage xp predator in 6.5 creedmoor. I love it. Shoots great. Little heavy but a great gun. I got it on clearance at Wal-Mart for $248. Not bad I didn't think. I can upgrade the Bushnell scope later. It's a little heavy with the bull barrel but not terrible. Also the stock had a hairline crack in it. I called savage. And they shipped a new stock to me that day. I also bought it when they were offering the 100 dollar mail in rebate. So all in all I only have 150 bucks wrapped up in it.
c9935bd4dc65f404b52c049a82849f04.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shanman

jhardy":3an3bhwu said:
I bought the savage xp predator in 6.5 creedmoor. I love it. Shoots great. Little heavy but a great gun. I got it on clearance at Wal-Mart for $248. Not bad I didn't think. I can upgrade the Bushnell scope later. It's a little heavy with the bull barrel but not terrible. Also the stock had a hairline crack in it. I called savage. And they shipped a new stock to me that day. I also bought it when they were offering the 100 dollar mail in rebate. So all in all I only have 150 bucks wrapped up in it.
c9935bd4dc65f404b52c049a82849f04.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow, that's an awesome deal!

Headhunter

A little different, but I got a nice gift card from my work last year and I got a Nosler M48 in 26 nosler. It is fast for sure and kills them pretty dead.

Latest posts