Where did my hogs go?

Atchman2

I used to be covered up with them, now I'm down to a single boar. Oh yes, I'm going to go get him soon, but it appears the trapping and stuff is working where I hunt. Last year the government came in and trapped and killed 28 of the buggers. I did my fair share taking out the big boars.

This week I put over 300 lbs of corn in the feeders! We will see if they are there or not, or if I will just have really fat turkeys and raccoons. One of my feeders has been stranded by high water, so I haven't been able to fill it in awhile. The landowner says that the neighbor is baiting them so that may be where they are at, but I have not seen any evidence of that. Since turkey season starts to late this year, I can leave the feeders running for almost three more weeks! I will just take the electronic part off during turkey season until I get a bird. And dump any leftover corn into some buckets until I restart them. I can actually leave the furthest one going since it is over half a mile away from where I hunt.

Probably going to have to start hunting places to go again. I used to have a spot in McMinn County. Probably time to go back down there and see if I can still hunt there. It has been awhile. His son took over for hog elimination from me, but I can't imagine he is that dedicated since he has to driver 100 miles round trip from Knoxville. Us retired people don't care. :)

Atchman2

Gnarly Boar! He looks like a big one. I haven't seen anything other than lone boars. There is a smaller one on the other side of the river. I haven't seen this one before.

Attachments

• IMAG0229.JPG
    IMAG0229.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts