Why go out west of Elk?

Atchman2

When there was one in Anderson County a few days ago. :D

This is only the second one I've seen in the last four years, but it is pretty cool to have one on camera.

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 299

Big Pop

When there was one in Anderson County a few days ago. :D

This is only the second one I've seen in the last four years, but it is pretty cool to have one on camera.
I see that's an elk but at a glance it seems to have a few moose characteristics too. Maybe it's just me. Palmation in antlers, dark color coat just in shade I suppose and almost a waddle (think that's right) under chin which is base of tree actually. Used to be a few elk seen there In almost downtown Clinton several years ago.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Love the Bear Lake area. Lived in SLC area for 20+ years. Have you heard about Hardware Ranch in the winter? Must see if you haven't…

LanceS4803

I lived in Ogden for a long time before getting back home. We always wanted to do the sleigh ride at Hardware for the elk feeding.
Heading back to UT in a couple of weeks for pronghorn!

Mattt

You may be surprised. Don't know your current ability, but there are guides/outfitters that could handle any type disability, and probably even some trespass hunts that could be accommodating. Best of luck to you .
They do it every year. Pretty sure I've seen something on wheelchair hunts and hunting from vehicles.they have accommodations same as here.

tellico4x4

They do it every year. Pretty sure I've seen something on wheelchair hunts and hunting from vehicles.they have accommodations same as here.
South of Salida, Co around Villa Grove, Crestone & Saguach, they issue depredation permits that allow you to hunt elk with rifle starting in July/Aug. The elk pile off the mtns to feed in farmers irrigated alfalfa fields. Very similar to hunting deer on food plots. Permits are across the counter & doesn't count against your preference points if you have any. I can put you in touch with booking agent that works with a couple outfitters there if interested.
If you want a hard horn one & want to hear some bugling, book in late September

Latest posts