What the autopsy revealed.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

I shot a doe yesterday evening with my bow, looked like a 12 ringer. She ran across the field 100 yards and stopped, I assumed she would tip over there. 10 min later she walks away toward the property line. I waited another 30 before retrieving my arrow. Blood soaked. No blood trail though (changing broadheads). Searched the grown up line fence row to no avail. Drove home, called the neighbor, ate supper, and headed back. Used onX and mapped a likely travel route on the neighbors property. Found her 380 yards away. Not a single drop of blood. After field dressing I found the hit. Pics after shot are grainy but tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpeg
    IMG_1442.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1443.jpeg
    IMG_1443.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1440.jpeg
    IMG_1440.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 20

knightrider

Magnus stinger. I'm not blaming the head only stating there was no blood. Have taken 3 deer this year and although lethal the blood was minimal on all 3
The reason i stopped using them, no blood and tired of every one of them bending and sending back, ive swithched to tooth if the arrow and am very happy with them

DMD

I have a great ability to confuse. My apologies. What is the confusion?
I meant no offense. But, the title is "what autopsy revealed", but nothing about autopsy in initial post. Then you stated " ribcage sealed up" and there were pictures of a plastic bag. I thought maybe the deer had swallowed a plastic bag. Honestly, I'm sure it's just me, no one else seems confused 😂.

Ski

Bare with me here as I'm not trying to steer you one way or the other. You'll hunt with whatever you want regardless of my opinion. But in recent years I've noticed a trend of going backwards with archery equipment to make arrows heavy & heads small again. The theory is increased penetration and there's all sorts of physics formulas used to prove their point. Personally I respond well to simplicity, so here's a basic formula for area of a circle to compare head size.

Area = pi multiplied by radius squared. Your Magnus Stinger with a 1-1/16" cut diameter creates a hole with an area of .89". A 2" mechanical head is less than twice the cut diameter but its hole is more than three times as big at 3.14". If you study hydraulics you'll know that power isn't generated by total volume of a cylinder but rather total area. Bigger diameter means more power regardless of length of stroke. So when draining an animal of its bodily fluids it's the area of the hole, not so much depth that allows the most efficient drain. Simply put, your head with entry and exit wounds combined allow a third less bloodletting than the entry wound alone of a 2" mechanical. An exit would would more than 6X as much bloodletting. Food for thought.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

I meant no offense. But, the title is "what autopsy revealed", but nothing about autopsy in initial post. Then you stated " ribcage sealed up" and there were pictures of a plastic bag. I thought maybe the deer had swallowed a plastic bag. Honestly, I'm sure it's just me, no one else seems confused 😂.
Haha that made me laugh..