What Rifle?

landman

OK
I know everyone keeps a home gun around, but with my safe in the basement and my bedroom on the main floor I got the home defense Shot gun and pistols covered. But I'm off the road aways, what is
your go to rifle? and one that if you get broken into while your away its not the high dollar one?

Ideas?

moondawg

By default, my Remington 700 7mag. It's the only rifle I have. Besides, I think it could take care of any problems that may arise.

Kimberman

Marlin 336 or Win 94 in 30-30 or a lever gun chambered in a pistol cal like a 44 mag or 357 mag. You can find them for cheap, they can shoot relatively far, they are short and light, they have a fair amount of capacity, they are not hard to operate for a wife or kid, and they have alot of knock down power. Some might think I'm nuts, but a standard semi or lever 22 rifle can be a good gun as well, especially if you can shoot it well and place your shots.

fastbs

Lever gun.
357 would be my first choice for your purpose but used 30-30s seem to be the cheapest option.

Boone 58

I keep the Model 70 ss locked up in the safe, but the 40 cal glock 22 is awake and looking for the next would be intruder.... ;)