What grade do you give Heupel year #1.

West_Tn

How could you give him anything other than an A+

He did an incredible job with less talent than Pruitt had due to the transfer portal.

Volbuck777

He doesn't get an A in my opinion because he started that terrible Joe Milton. Without Hooker, Tennessee sits at 5 wins as projected. The vols are my team and always will be, but I'm a realist. Hooker brought on hype and made the country take notice. Heupel is a offensive genius but without his man under center this year he'd be looking at a sour fan base. I will say he started behind the 8 ball with the hand he was dealt ( transfers, hardest schedule, 1st year, etc). Anyway I'll give him a b- because their was way to many stupid penalties on this team which I feel like falls on coaching a lot ( I know hurry up offense). Just my 2 cents.

PalsPal

He doesn't get an A in my opinion because he started that terrible Joe Milton. Without Hooker, Tennessee sits at 5 wins as projected. The vols are my team and always will be, but I'm a realist. Hooker brought on hype and made the country take notice.

How did Milton do compared to Hooker in preseason practices?

cbhunter

I think the class is up to 15 at the moment wonder who they add though the portal. This is a real interesting group so far.
I'm no rankings genius by a long stretch but i suspect we will finish in the 15-20 range and honestly that's not too awfully bad considering. Maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised but i'd be shocked to finish much higher than that. Go Big Orange!

THEdonkey0515

Everything I heard Milton was the better guy in practice out playing hooker. they thought he had the bigger upside as well. dude has one heck of a arm. I So I don't blame Coach for starting him week 1.

THEdonkey0515

I'm no rankings genius by a long stretch but i suspect we will finish in the 15-20 range and honestly that's not too awfully bad considering. Maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised but i'd be shocked to finish much higher than that. Go Big Orange!
A top 20 class then add multiple transfers will work.

PalsPal

Everything I heard Milton was the better guy in practice they thought he had the bigger upside as well. dude has one heck of a arm. I So I don't blame Coach for starting him week 1.

Exactly. If someone wasn't there, then they're opinion has no validity.

There have been numerous examples of the same situation.

I mean, had Felippe Franks not gotten injured at FL, Trask may never have seen the field, and they might have canned Mullen sooner.

It will interesting to see if Kirby does anything different at the QB position going into the playoff. I think a lot of GA fans aren't happy that he didn't bring the other guy in during the second half!

Volbuck777

I'm not sure but in the first two games of the year I say alternate qbs and see what happens during a game. See how a team reacts around a certain player. Then assess the situation. Practice isn't game time. I could tell you after 10 passes overthrown by 10 or more yards that player needs pulled. Have we not learned from the past. ( guarantano)

Latest posts